bus route changes late 70s early 80s

I have very early memories of the old Bulwell-Trent Bridge/Colwick Crossing routes (35,43,44,71) esp the 35 from Hoewood Rd in Bulwell. Does anyone know when these routes were changed to the 80-1, 85 and 95. I'm guessing about 79/80???

Cheers

P

44 & 71 in spring 75, 43 & 75 became 75 & 85 upon conversion to one man operation, the route was extended at that time to West Bridgeford They changed in 76. Service 55 became the 35 when the route was extended to the city via QMC at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Paul............. unionflag

41, 43, 45 came from Trent Bridge - I used to catch the 41 to Cinderhill when I was first married.......

The 55 came from Cantrell Road in Bulwell, along Bells Lane down Wigman Road to Ilkeston Road first, then was re routed to the QMC later on........It was used by the hospital staff..........My hubby had a Butcher's shop on Bells Lane for years, can remember all the NCT buses in that area in the 70's and 80's............

Originally the 43 (Trent Bridge to Bulwell Market) and 44 (Colwick Road to Bulwell Hall Estate) were trolleybuses. The 71 was a variant of the 44 to Rise Park Estate - after the trolleys were withdrawn. Similarly, the 75 was an extension of the 43 route to Crabtree Estate. In the same way, the 72 was an extension of the 39 (Wollaton Park to Carlton Post Office) up Cavendish Road to Coningswath Road. I'm not sure when these extensions came in, but they are all there in my November 1971 timetable. The fare from Rise Park to Colwick Road on a 71 was 8p, but strangely from Crabtree Estate to Trent Bridge on a 75 (which I would have thought was a shorter run) was 9p.

Stephen: in '74-'75 the fare from Beastmarket Hill to Moore bridge was 4p on the 44 bus. I am trying to remember how much the fare was to Mansfield from the "city boundary" on the 345 in 1978-80? I still laugh when I think about NUNKERGATE!!

Yes - I remember that, but the real spelling (again according to the timetable - this time Winter 1953!!!! - when it was still a 61) was "Nuncargate (Bottom of Hill)" - followed by "Mutton Hill (Bottom of Hill)".