Nominate Rowland Emett for the next £20 note

From the bank of England website:

The next £20 note will celebrate Britain’s achievements in the visual arts and we would like the public to nominate who they would like to feature on the back of the £20 note.

Visual artists include architects, artists, ceramicists, craftspeople, designers, fashion designers, filmmakers, photographers, printmakers and sculptors.
The Bank will not feature fictional or living characters, with the exception of the Monarch, who appears on the front of our notes.
Please make your nominations by 19 July 2015.​
I am going to nominate FREDERICK ROWLAND EMETT OBE
Who's with me?
I will broach this with intu management as well - maybe they can get a campaign going.
If you nominate him, you can put up to 100 words in support. Here's what I wrote:

Frederick Rowland Emett OBE (1906-1990) was a London-born cartoonist, artist, designer and engineer who drafted aircraft parts during the war. His cartoons regularly featured in ‘Punch’ magazine and he created much loved animatronic 'things' for the 1951 Festival of Britain and the film 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. His iconic 'Time Fountain' water clock has had pride of place in Nottingham since 1973.

• Upvote 8

Just looked on the Bank of England website. The public can only nominate (it's not an election by poll). There's an advisory panel who will create a shortlist based on the contribution made by each nominee and the Governor of the Bank of England will choose the winner. There's some stiff competition already including:

Augustus Pugin

Alec Issigonis

Alexander McQueen

Alfred Hitchcock

Beatrix Potter

Capability Brown

Charles Rennie MacIntosh

Charlie Chaplin

Clarice Cliff

Colin Chapman

David Lean

Francis Bacon

Frederick Henry Royce

Gerry Anderson

Isambard Kingdom Brunel

John Constable

Josiah Wedgewood

L. S. Lowry

Laura Ashley

Laurence Olivier

Lucian Freud

Mel Smith

Peter Ustinov

Reginald Mitchell

Richard Attenborough

Robin Day

Ronald Moody

Rowland Emett

Stan Laurel

Stanley Kubrick

Thomas Chippendale

Thomas Gainsborough

Tony Hart

Watson Fothergill

William Friese-Greene

William Heath Robinson

William Henry Fox Talbot

Not that we really get to vote but aside from Emett, I'd be torn between Stan Laurel (he still makes me laugh) and Watson Fothergill (I like fine brickwork and he was of course a local lad).

• Upvote 1

Why not have more than one £20 note.

Have a whole series people could collect them? ;)

But why can't we have a 99p coin it would save getting the 1p change hellothere