Where did you grow up Robin,in which part of Nottingham?

iv been living in a small village called calverton all my life its about 7 miles north of nottingham it an ex mining village which is turning into a TOP crime village but it has some nice parts see photos....

calverton pit down

calverton%20pit.jpg

caverton from above calverton 7 miles nouth of nottingham city center

X461000Y349750S5000W700H410.jpg

HERE A PIC OF THE OLD PIT

pitmainbig1995.jpg

FOR MORE INFO SEE

My Webpage

MORE INFO ABOUT ME SOON

Is it just my computer, or is anyone else having problems viewing the image? All I see is an advert for image hosting.

Yeah I see it Robin. That's interesting. How far is Calverton from Nottingham city centre?

Just shows the "Tripod" logo.

An old mate of mine who served his apprenticeship at the same time as myself came from Calverton and worked at the colliery.

We both started with the NCB about the same time, did our basic training and tech college at the same time.

At that time, during the 1960's, Calverton Colliery had a bright future, like Cotgrave and Bevercoates as being new collieries.

Sadly, all gone now, amazing though, most of the posters here can remember when you didn't have to travel too far to see the headstocks of a colliery around the city of Nottingham and it's shire.

Names that conjure up memories, Radford, Wollaton, Clifton, Gedling, Linby, Hucknall number 1 and 2, Cotgrave, Calverton Bestwood and Babbington made up the NCB number 6 area.

Then to the north was Newstead, Ollerton, Bevercoates, Pyehill, Silverhill, Bentinck, Sutton, Mansfield, and many more names that are all closed and filled in with a concrete cap over the shafts.

Really good to read about Calverton Robin,pics are good,haven't been myself but it looks ok.

Robin, didn't you used to have a site called something like Calverton a few years back?? Say about three or four years ago?

haven't been myself

Better get some Counseling then Caz !!!!

Funnily enough can't say I've felt myself for a while .............oooooeerrr

Oi Robin Da Bok Wat abat da strawberry piking @ calvo ???? wnt wen i waz litle as a kd wiv me Ma & Par . Ezy Peeps .

Robin, didn't you used to have a site called something like Calverton a few years back?? Say about three or four years ago?

yes i did anyway heres some pic of a walk to fox wood in calverton with a mate of mime...

ME AT A PLACE CALLED DARK LANE

DSC00235.JPG

NICE VIEW OF CALVERTON NOTTINGHAM

DSC00260.JPG

NICE VIEW OF CALVERTON WITH MY MATE IN THE WAY LOL

DSC00285.JPG

THIS WAS ON A WALK I WENT ON FRIDAY 14TH OF APRIL YESTADAY

HOPE YOU LIKE MORE ABOUT ME SOON BYE BYE :victory:

haven't been myself

Better get some Counseling then Caz !!!!

Funnily enough can't say I've felt myself for a while .............oooooeerrr

Oi Robin Da Bok Wat abat da strawberry piking @ calvo ???? wnt wen i waz litle as a kd wiv me Ma & Par . Ezy Peeps .

IT IS NOW A GOLF COURSE CALLED SPRING WATER I HAVE MEMORYS OF IT TO NICE WITH CREAM LOL :rolleyes:

Caz Posted on Apr 16 2006, 04:39 AM

That site is definately a mans site so be warned girls. 

!rulez! Well caz you have given the best excuse for the girls to have a look.

Didn't you realise that if you tell someone not to look they will look..

In my case most of the content on that site doesn't work for me, you see i'm a little gay.....I'm hopeing in time to grow a little taller so i can be a full blown gay but at the moment i will have to stay in the closset until then...... bored :tease:

A little gay ?? if you get any happier we will have to call you Denny.

Get out of the closet didn't yer mam tell you it's dark in there

So is Calverton anywhere near Chicago, Illinois?!!!! Didn't anyone else notice the label? :Fool:

Well, we'll let you off the hook this time!! I'm not a beer drinker myself, but any little beer company is better than the big ones!! We have beer on tap at our house at all times, and you'll never see a keg of Bud, Coors, or Miller! Currently it's holding Sierra Nevada, a local micro-brewery that my husband describes as "Just Hoppy enough without being too hoppy" ;)