A grandson and his three 18 y/o mates are staying with me here in France. That's 5 blokes enjoying themselves.

I have discovered that 'domestic magic' has ceased to happen? Trainers don't walk back to where they belong? Dining table and worktops don't clear themselves? Cans, bottles, guitar cases, foodstuffs, packaging, various clothing and misc items don't vanish into thin air anymore? Lights don't switch themselves off when going to bed?

Maybe some 'new' magic has started though - such as the water coming through the ceiling under the shower room :rolleyes:

We are having great fun but I hope that 'domestic magic' returns when I get home :biggrin:

• Upvote 8

I resent paying over £4 for a magazine, then it vanishes after a couple of days. Irritating in the EXTREME.

The four lads are a pleasure to be with and they have brought their own form of 'magic'. They are polite, helpful and respectful but have great personalities. Just sat around the outdoor fire watching them get pleasantly drunk and composing tunes and playing guitar, bass and sax. They are the future! Budding physysist, civil engineer, paramedic and charismic leader. ....Quality. I forgive them for not having domestic magic. They are trying though. They are cooking every day, following instructions from a book entitled 'students grub' cool2

• Upvote 2