Notts wind turbine thwarted by a windmill!

I hate the ridiculous things too.

They are inefficient, expensive and ugly.

A 'blot on the landscape' one might say.

The horrible over-bearing things that they erected at Spondon in 2013 are universally hated.

Not only that, we've never actually seen them working!

Turns out that they are are just expensive white elephants:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Residents-frustrated-lack-action-idle-wind/story-27609665-detail/story.html

The green lobby would have you believe that wind farms are the answer to our energy needs, but you could turn the whole country into a wind farm and it wouldn't even come close.

• Upvote 1

Here in Scotland the SNP had promised that wind turbines would see us exporting electricity to England by now. The reality is that Scotland has to import electricity from England every day in order to keep the lights on. Even with this stark reality the SNP are still pursuing their insane policy of destroying the landscape heritage, which is Scotland biggest asset, in favour of more an more wind farms, whilst closing down nuclear, coal and gas stations.

• Upvote 3

Compo - As you know, I am visiting Sutherland and W Ross in late May. I was planning to spend a day on Loch an Furalach, east of Glen Cassley. I fished there many Summers in the 70's and 80's. It was wild and remote and the only trace of humanity was the deer fence. I was saddened to see on Google Earth, that there are now pylons almost up to the Loch but going nowhere? Will there be wind farms up there when I visit in wonder?

Likewise, a couple of years ago travelling east from Bundoran, Co Antrim, among some of the best scenery in the British Isles, I was greeted by a plague of wind generators across the hillsides and skylines.

Wind farms and electric cars - we have been sold a lie. As long as the pollution is not in our towns, cities and OUR country, who cares?

^^^^^^I have to agree we have been lied to and it not a little fib either.

I watched a program a few months ago, nothing to do with the 'green lobby' or their opponents just a program about volcanology. When a volcano spew's out more nasty's in a day than mankind generates in years it makes you wonder how its all our fault.

The problem being they can't TAX volcanoes.

• Upvote 2