I met a chap in Nottingham who came to see the sights, he'd travelled down from Blackpool where he'd visited the lights.

He said, I've seen your castle though it looks more like a hall. I saw the statue in the grounds, to brave young Albert Ball.

Went to a park in Wollaton with reindeer running free. Took a trip to Sherwood Forest and saw an old oak tree.

I've wandered round your Council House, sat in the Market Square, loved the flowers up the poles and all the pigeons there.

Seen your Galleries Of Justice and your Tales Of Robin Hood. Took a trip around your sandstone caves, folk told me that I should.

I'ved visited your oldest Inn, partaking of it's beer, cruised along the River Trent, it's really pleasant there.

There's one thing though that I have missed, could you tell me where to look. I hear it mentioned everywhere, where can I find the duck?

I looked at him in puzzlement and said "What do you mean for I'm a stranger here myself, this duck I've never seen."

We decided to join forces and we wandered off to seek, around the streets of Nottingham for this creature with a beak.

We visited The Meadows and the top of Carlton Hill, searched the streets of Sneinton but only found a mill.

We hunted high, we hunted low yet every place we've been, we've heard the locals talk to it but never once have seen.

'Ay up mi duck', 'ta rah mi duck', even 'see ya duck' we've heard. Yet never once have we observed this most elusive bird.

The time has come, we have to leave and it really is a pity, the one thing that we didn't see, the legend of your city.

• Upvote 13

Excellent!!!!!!!