Good. I'm glad, because this site has been an eyesore for years.

Also, anything that pee's off Tesco is fine by me !

Yes good news,and as you say fly been an 'eyesore' for years,...........just hope they don't build a square box,but something nice on the 'eye' in keeping with the rest of Old Bulwell...............

• Upvote 1

Agree with you regarding your first comment FLY but it will in my opinion Morrisons who will feel the pinch, people will stay in Bulwell town with two big supermarkets.

Only bad point is it will encourage those Aspleh types even more !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In the NEP report, I'm impressed by the local resident who said "I would prefer something like a Sports Direct"..... they need somewhere local to buy those chav hats and Lonsdale t-shirts and half-price trainers.

• Upvote 4

Yes cliff-ton about right,.........saw a bloke in Bulwell the other day about 50 dressed in 3/4 length silky shorts with England emblazened acrross his ASS' top and trainers to match............don't they realise what 'Walley's' they look..............lol.

• Upvote 3

Ive never shopped in a Lidl but have used Aldi if they are both similar should be ok ,Tesco in Bulwell is going down hill they keep taking aisles and shelving out can they see the writing on the wall !

# caftan

AGREE CATFAN............Morrisons will suffer more than Tesco........and if Tesco closed in Bulwell the space they take would take some filling,don't particulary like Tesco but the one in Bulwell has grown on me,don't like the Top Valley or Hucknall ones,...........looks like the remaining two occupied houses on Jennison st will go now as it will be sandwiched between the two supermarkets.,

• Upvote 1

#7.

Tesco doing a lot of changing around inside, making a bigger sales area for Beer & Cider !

That says a lot about the spending habits of some of the customers !

Many Tesco stores have stopped 24hr trading cos of lack of customers using that facility, online shopping has expanded massively in recent years. (insider knowledge) slywink

• Like 1

Also don't forget, the "Remain" lot said recently that EU companies would make a mass exodus departing these shores if we voted "Leave". !

Lidl are a Kraut outfit from Germany like Aldi too, investing heavily in this future EU FREE Country. It must be the Zero hour contracts that they are allowed to get away with.

Roll on the revolution !

• Like 1

Re Sports Direct clothing. I detest most vehemently anything that has Lonsdale, Everlast or anything remotely looking chavvy.

I'm sure they only manufacture sizes XXL and above. I'd prefer to frequent a charity shop. ... Just!

• Upvote 1

# 12 Catfan

I nearly did, but SWMBO is Hucknall born & wanted to move back here in 1999, looked at a house on Picadilly just off St Albans Road. But here we are only a few hundred yards from her old school. (Holgate)

Everlast + Stella....... Trashier !

• Upvote 1