Sorting out my fishing tackle for opening day on Blithefield tomorrow. Loading the car up and noticed two gaping ragged holes in my waders. One in each shin :angry:. They were my best neoprene chest waders; nice and warm.  So it's wellies and trying to remember not to do more than a paddle. 

Sorry Terry,thought I could help, I have a pair of size eight waders doing nothing,probably pinch your feet a bit

Rog

• Like 1

It occurs to me that I made my first wet suit ( for caving) from expanded neoprene, which was glued together using neoprene cement.

Maybe you could get some cement and some neoprene for patching purposes rather than buying new?

Here you go...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_15/259-1603802-6880113?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=neoprene+repair+kit&sprefix=Neoprene+repair%2Caps%2C148&crid=2PZ88P45AW468

• Like 1

Seems reasonable.  Our wet suits didn't need to be leak proof as they were close fitting and the whole point was that any water which got in was soon trapped between the insulating neoprene and the body, keepng you warm(ish)

I had mates whose wet suits had fallen apart into four limbs and a torso, which were put on as a sort of assembly kit before a trip.  Following such chaps along a kneeling cave passage was never a pretty sight... :blink:

On 16/03/2018 at 2:23 AM, DJ360 said:

Seems reasonable.  Our wet suits didn't need to be leak proof as they were close fitting and the whole point was that any water which got in was soon trapped between the insulating neoprene and the body, keepng you warm(ish)

I had mates whose wet suits had fallen apart into four limbs and a torso, which were put on as a sort of assembly kit before a trip.  Following such chaps along a kneeling cave passage was never a pretty sight... :blink:

Last time I tried to get into my wet suit I was surprised how much it had shrunk over the years!:(

Yep.. it's a little known property of expanded neoprene.  The 'expansion' tends to go into reverse...  :laugh: