Last Friday I had a letter from a credit card company confirming that they had changed my address as requested. In the interest of security they had sent the letter to both my old and new addresses. Mmmm ... I’ve been at this address for two years now, and did they think this was my old or new address? In addition, I thought I’d cancelled the card some time ago.

I decided to ring them.  The lady on the other end of the line said that she had to conduct a short security check, and what was my birth sign. Well, I’d never been asked that before, but I replied “Virgo”.

When she could eventually stop laughing she said, “No, FIRST LINE, what’s the first line of your address!”

• Like 4

I went to Boots' on Saturday to collect my thyroxine. The pharmacist was not the usual one and she asked me if I had a medical exemption card (thyroxine users don't need to pay for prescriptions). I told her I had one but no longer needed to use it. When she asked why not, I advised her to look at my date of birth. "Oh, you're 60!" she gasped. "I would never have thought so!"

Now that's the kind of senior moment I don't mind at all!

• Like 6

Stop braggin'  I also use thyroxine. I went in the chemist and she just walked off with my prescription. I said "don't you want to see my medical exemption?" She just took one look at me and said "No, you don't need it when you are over 60". I didn't know my D O B was on the prescription!

I don't go in Boots BTW because they have only ever got half of any prescription!

On 5/7/2018 at 6:58 PM, Jill Sparrow said:

I went to Boots' on Saturday to collect my thyroxine. The pharmacist was not the usual one and she asked me if I had a medical exemption card (thyroxine users don't need to pay for prescriptions). I told her I had one but no longer needed to use it. When she asked why not, I advised her to look at my date of birth. "Oh, you're 60!" she gasped. "I would never have thought so!"

Now that's the kind of senior moment I don't mind at all!

Made yer day then Jill !

Similar things happens to me as well Jill whenever I ask for OAPs concessions they never believe I am a pensioner !  smile2

• Like 1
9 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

The only concession I have been offered was a ...............................wooden box.................

Not yet, NBL. Not yet. You're not sloping off to Chulla's Tibetan Tipple Emporium! ;)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, catfan said:

Made yer day then Jill !

Similar things happens to me as well Jill whenever I ask for OAPs concessions they never believe I am a pensioner !  smile2

The moggies keep us young, Catfan!

• Like 1