Nottingham Scooterboys - Year? Where are they now?

RGR

Like the original photo of you with the SS180, especially the shopping bag on the rear! and the small suitcase on the front ! Lol!

Did you have a female in tow by any chance ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres some of the lads from the original picture a good 5 years ago, left to right; Partner cant remember the first guys name but then theres Bob on scooter, Ray, my partner/rays son and then dodge. E

1966 Lambretta SX200, "Eddie Grimstead Imperial."

In July 2011 l was at a scooter show at Calverton Notts.when l saw a 150 Sprint Vespa with a Baldet badge on it so l mentioned to one of the guys that was also driving a 150 GS Baldet,his name was Stu

Bought a 1960 Vespa 125 from Kingstons in 1963 for £60. It had been resprayed in Ivory and I customised it with my own hand painted Baldet design in Royal Blue lacquer! joined Nottingham branch (number 14) of Vespa Club of Great Britain and had an enjoyable couple of years before having to sell to recoup enough cash to buy engagement ring. Silly thing is, that Vespa if it were still here today would no doubt be worth a sight more than the solitaire! (That still is here.)

Sorry guys, iv been told to correct my partner.. The guy on the scooter is Eddie, not bob

Very frustrating for me, as all my old scooter photo's, and many others are in a big box at my eldest sons place in Nottm.

When mum passed on I flew over to clear out her house and we parcelled up all personal items, photo's etc. for my son to freight out to me. But like most things I ask my lad to do, they never seem priority to him, so are still in his upstairs back room.

Will give him another gentle reminder !

The Scooter is a '66 Lambretta Pacemaker Gold edition a good friend of mine from Hucknall he lived on Papplewick Lane had one exactly like this plus more chrome and four huge working spot lights on the front rack Knoby was a brickies labourer at Wimpey's.Another guy called Fletch often rode pillion they both always wore full length black leather coats they were about 6yrs. older than me,we made a few runs to Yarmouth together along with Mick Adam's from Bulwell who now lives in Australia.Does anyone KNOW what happened to Knoby?It will be good to see your pics Banjo.2416659.jpg

1963-Vespa-Douglas-Sportique.jpgOne of the most popular Mod Scooters a round Nottingham in the 60s was the Douglas built 150 Sportique.Top of the Line was the Sportique Supreme ,polychromatic Siiver with chrome bubbles and Mudguard.one sharp looking Vespa.

• Upvote 1

Back in the 60s,Lambretta LI 150 with chrome mudguard and panel's.Remember picking up my brother Randy's Chrome panel's in Basford,back then (1964) they cost 5 pounds a panel.Big Eddy had chrome bubbles on is red Vespa as I recall.On the down side they could easily be lifted which often happened.zMFVMeNsEkd7Cca2cD4f5jl72eJkfbmt4t8yenIm

I remember the Lambo's and Vespa's with the chrome side panels, we all used to envy them when we met up around the square.

I had mine professionally done with union jacks on my LI 150, but they got nicked when we moved into a house on Gladstone st Hyson Green.

Got em replaced by insurance but only in primer as that is how they came. So ended up leaving them in the house and riding it naked (the scoot that is).

Banjo l had a few things nicked outside the Dungeon Club.Did you ever know a guy who moved up from London and worked in a bank in Arnold? he had a 1960/61 Vespa 150GS finished in a metallic green with copper bubbles and mud guard he always wore a black top coat,the copper bubbles had a coat of lacquer on them did it ever look sharp,it must be hard on the face driving in 40c heat.You probably have to wear shorts.l posted a pic of a '60's LI150 Lambretta up in Yorkshire with Union Jacks on.244370005.jpg?t=1357338727244370005.jpg?t=1357338727

• Upvote 1

Nottingham Mods at Newquay July 1966,Gray Mancer of Bestwood Est Vespa GS 160 and Mick Adams of Bulwell Vespa SS180,Joey of Nottm Lambretta SX200, ?Vespa Super 150. Old 35mm Neg.5173252322_238fa8bbef_b.jpg?t=1335462355

Can't say as I remember a Vespa with copper bubbles or the bloke you mention.

My Li had the whole panel each side as the union jack. My next door neighbour knew a sign writer who did it for me.

Think my Li 150 used to do about 65 mph flat out maybe a tad more.

I had one of those trumpet type exhausts on it ! Think they just made more noise than performance ! Lol.

Just got myself a flyscreen for the Vespa, delivered from Guernsey channel islands tax free, and less than half the oz cost including registered mail !

Odered it on 21st dec 12, and delivered to my daughters in W Australia on the 4th jan 13. And thats over the xmas holiday period.

Ebay's a wonderful thing.

Looks good will post another pic soon.

• 4 weeks later...

RGR, please accept my condolences on the passing of your father.

On a lighter note, that brother of yours looks a bit of a wide boy - wouldn't be a used car salesman on a small inner suburban car yard that he owns?

• Upvote 1

Thank you Piggy and Babs also Trevor S for your condolences, by the way Randy as been an art teacher in Cornwall for the last few years.

I'm also sorry to hear of your father, RGR. He lived to a good old age. Did he live in Canada with you?.

One of these day's l'll write a story about my family,my Canadian born father came over to England during the war with the RCAF Lancaster tail gunner.My English born mother who was in the Land Army met him near the Air Field married him and they came to Canada (Oshawa)where we were born Dad and his brother's decided they were going to play Ice Hockey in England and Scotland,Dad met another woman needless to say they were divorced he disappeared to Switzerland.A few years later my mother remarried to a local guy.At 19 l returned to Canada where l met my dad for the first time dad had returned to Oshawa in 1954 it was another 10yrs. before Randy met his dad when he came for a trip.Mother is still alive living in Notts.The rest is history.

• Upvote 1