Saw him perform at the Royal Albert Hall about 25+ years ago.  It was an incredible concert hosted by David Frost and Stephen Fry,   with performances by Andrea Bocelli, John Barry, the cast of Chicago, Marti Pellow and so many more artists (I can’t remember more right now)  and Tony Bennett was rubbish and couldn’t remember the words of his very well-known songs.   The highlight for us was where we were sitting, in a box and next to JoanCollins and Susan George and their husbands, then 3 boxes along was Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson.  The evening was raising funds for the AIDS Foundation or some such charity and fantastic value for money considering who we saw in that magnificent venue.  Anyway, RIP Tony Bennett, you were a good singer once upon a time.  

• Like 1

R.I.P. Mr Bennett.....what a voice............ Lizzie  i would have loved to have sat near Susan George'':rolleyes:

RIP Mr Bennett, one of, maybe the last of that bunch of 1950s 'crooners' of  American Italian descent, including also Al Martino, Vic Damone, Louis Prima, Dean Martin, Perry Como, Frank Sinatra etc.  Followed by slightly more recent ones..Dion, Frankie Valli, Connie Francis, and more recently still..Lou Christie, Jon Bon Jovi, Lady Gaga etc.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

R.I.P. Mr Bennett.....what a voice............ Lizzie  i would have loved to have sat near Susan George'':rolleyes:

Come out with me Ben and you may meet her!  I’ve seen her a couple of other times without even trying!  Once in a lift in the old Victoria Hotel in about 1975-6 when she was snogging Patrick Wayne and didn’t seem to notice I was in the lift with an Irish Wolfhound as well.  Another time sat next to her in ‘Pret’ at Bicester Village.  

• Like 1