Been away for a while. Nice new Grandson born .(Our first) and a bit of a wobble for me with another slight stroke. Dead Arm/Hand for a few days , otherwise OK.

Loved 'Jeff's'. IIRC, there was 'Jeff's for the more workaday stuff' 'Lord Jeffrey' and Miss Jeffrey' for the more mod stuff. I recall buying a pair of 'Lee' jeans there for 55s, when 'mere' Levis were 52s&6p

TBH, I could never decide what I was back then. I loved motorbikes, but wasn't a 'greaser'. I liked the Mod style but thought scoooters were dangerous things. I wore Levis, Wrangler jackets and all sorts of stuff from the Army Stores.

I was a bit of a hippy type, but not all flower power. Smoked a few spliffs, did a few pills, dropped a bit of acid, but mostly just drank. Despite it all I had an MRI scan last week which apparently showed that my brain is in better shape than many my age. I was more of a 'beat', as we used to say..... sort of semi-hippy. At odds with society, but not all dippy and hippy. Musically, I was DJ ing Soul, Stax, Motown etc., at the 360 Club, then going home and listening to Dylan, Cohen, classical stuff etc.. And I wandered about a lot, which is why I am now in Lancashire.

Worked out OK though. I have 2 daughters. One is Reg. blind but has just produced Grandson No.1. The other is a fashion designer. I am very proud of both.

Got myself trapped here in Lancashire and have to stay for my kids, but give me half an excuse and I'll be back in Nottm like a shot.

Col

• 7 months later...

I seem to remember getting a pair of winklepickers at a shoe shop near hartley rd, i made a mistake & wore them in the rain the soles were made of pressed paper, Just fell apart 30 bob down the drain

I do remember the Brown Cord Levi jacket / Coat. My mate Dave had just got one & i was giving him a ride on the back of my bike going to see the movie The Battle of britain,Being that it was the premiere we had to get dressed up , At Trent bridge i lost it on some oil in a very controlled sliding crash that took the skin off our butts which we didnt really notice until we tried to get up after the movie, We were both stuck to the seat,I remember both looking at each other & bursting out laughing

When we got into the light Daves coat had a big rip in the back & my ass was hanging out of my suit pants

I do remember the Brown Cord Levi jacket / Coat. My mate Dave had just got one & i was giving him a ride on the back of my bike going to see the movie The Battle of britain,Being that it was the premiere we had to get dressed up , At Trent bridge i lost it on some oil in a very controlled sliding crash that took the skin off our butts which we didnt really notice until we tried to get up after the movie, We were both stuck to the seat,I remember both looking at each other & bursting out laughing

Wasn't the premier at the Odeon, they had a break at half time and my pal and I went to the toilets and just spoke in German to each other the whole time, the looks on the faces of the other visitors was hilarious, we were beside ourselves when we came out.

I was probably wearing my cheapo Co-op mod suit blue jacket and a pair of Wrangler jeans, was that acceptable.

I was at the premier of The Battle of Britain, (1969) I went with my Dad and Mum (My Sister must have been there too but I was far too young to remember correctly) My Dad won the tickets through "Players Post" don't know how though. All I can remember of the film at the time is when a Jerry gunner got 'Tomato Sauce' thrown in his face !! (As my mum told us at the time !!)

• 2 months later...

Hi Y,all Came across this site two days ago, bought my mohair suit from Alexanders,3 quid down.8bob a week,The Levi,s Ben Shermans and desert boots were bought at Flittermans on Hockley.A couple of us went on day trips to london to buy shoes from Toppers or RAVELS on Shaftsbry ave. Always came back witIh some Wacky baccy,scored in Carnaby st,late 65early 66. If anyone would like me to mail them genuine 501s they cost 40dollars or about 25quid,jackets,65dollars,40quid.All made in the U.S.A. I have read so much on this site regarding the Dungeon era,and the only 'raid'I recall,was a black,dark blue single decker bus with a white middle stripe and ''Notts Constabulry written in gold lettering .We sat on our scoots as they emptied the Dungeon,they went in the front, and came out of the back EXIT doors,boys first then the gals.I am sure it was March 66. The ground on Stamford st, changed colour to a mauve and light blue, with black spots.

• 9 months later...

Hi Mudgie, hope you're doing fine and not suffering with too much sun; still, it has to be better than we over here, suffering with too much rain! :ohmy:

Re your posting: #30; a colourful time in history that you've documented.