Can someone help me?

Please can someone tell me whether it's possible to have a broadband connection & a dial up connection running simultaneously from the same phone line but with different servers? keep it simple boys B)

As far as I can tell, there should not be a problem with using dialup with your broadband connection.

The single line is divided into 2 separate channels, one for the ADSL and one for the Telephone.It means you can still use all the features of the telephone, whilst you are still connected to the internet using the ADSL side.

Simply plug your dialup modem into the telephone jack socket, set the computer up for a dialup connection, and all should be well.

HTH

Are you talking about using two computers at your end Caz, one on broadband and the other on dial up?. If you are then as Qfive says, yes it would be possible but why not just network them together and share the broadband connection.

There would be a conflict Caz, the computer would be running two modems together, ie your 56k and the DSL. It could probably set up to run two modems, I'm not sure of that one, but highly unlikely in my opinion.

Bit like running two printers, or two scanners from the same computer, the CPU and software might not like it.

Now there's nothing stopping you from leaving both hooked up to the telephone lines though.

Thanks Lads. I have a laptop,a PC and a few modem based machines on location where i need to run Int. Will tell you how I get on. B)

sounds like my abode Caz! bighug A wireless router got us all online using the broadband connection simultaneously....and I still can't PM you!

K I'll PM you now Mysterious smile2

I definately sent you a PM Mysterious,& my sister Smithylass isn't getting mine either so it's not just you love it's most of us !! Lol

Please can someone tell me whether it's possible to have a broadband connection & a dial up connection running simultaneously from the same phone line but with different servers?  keep it simple boys B)

Well it took a few phone calls, a very good technician who explained how to do the above & a large pair od B***S ..............................lol mine not theirs ;) and...............this morning I plugged the Ethernet cable into my new efficient router/modem/wireless thingymebob & I have both PC's working simultaneously yoo hoo I am a very happy girl B) plus after a slow connection speed yesterday today my broadband is zooming along.

Thanks guys for all your help !hand!

PS

Forgot to add I have a dial up going at the same time,all my bells & whistles are working today. Ok back to work :rolleyes:

Please can someone tell me whether it's possible to have a broadband connection & a dial up connection running simultaneously from the same phone line but with different servers?  keep it simple boys B)

Well it took a few phone calls, a very good technician who explained how to do the above & a large pair od B***S ..............................lol mine not theirs ;) and...............this morning I plugged the Ethernet cable into my new efficient router/modem/wireless thingymebob & I have both PC's working simultaneously yoo hoo I am a very happy girl B) plus after a slow connection speed yesterday today my broadband is zooming along.

Thanks guys for all your help !hand!

PS

Forgot to add I have a dial up going at the same time,all my bells & whistles are working today. Ok back to work :rolleyes:

I wish all women where so easily pleased.. :Kiss:

BiP

I just got DSL Caz and tried a dial up with the old 56k modem while still on DSL connection and it does work!

The wife is going to get a four outlet DSL modem so if she needs to work at home while I'm on the internet, she can.

Justo add, thats on two phone lines!

Mines on one phone line John & I have a 4 outlet wireless/modem/router. Working good tonight though the wireless connection is a lot slower.

Mines on one phone line John & I have a 4 outlet wireless/modem/router. Working good tonight though the wireless connection is a lot slower.

OK Caz, I had a second line installed for the direct dial up so as to free the main line, just a local only line so only cost the monthly rental. It will be disconnected soon now we have DSL.