Frequented this area around the early seventies, henry hallam,John mills, Gordon long, Terry myers, Barry hall, mungo Jerry and Ivor ward. All good blokes but alas doubt if any remain, and a shout out to Jean Harvey another nice girl.

Give us a clue......for those who don't know (which is probably quite a few) where was Mr Millers nightclub ?

I may have just answered my own question. It seems to have been on Bridlesmith Gate and was the same place as The Hippo/Coco Tang/  and various others.

I never went to Mr Millers but did frequent the Hippo in the early 70s, in fact I went in the Hippo the night I met my future husband, after starting the evening in The Flying Horse.  
A good friend of mine (and HippoGirl) is Nottstalgian Moz and he has a website detailing a very comprehensive list of venues we used to know in the good old days.  
If interested look up http://www.scenebeforeinnottingham.wordpress.com  The clubs are in the ‘Clubs and Venues’ section. 

17 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

If interested look up www.scenebeforeinnottingham.wordpress.com.  The clubs are in the ‘Clubs and Venues’ section. 

That's where I found out about Mr Millers :dry:

• Like 1

The link brought back a whole lot of memories about the Dancing Slipper in WB, the Union Boat Club, Scamps, the Sandpiper, Hippo and the 99 above the WB Hotel. Good times.

Mr Millers seemed to have opened Dec 1972 at 45 Bridlesmith Gate and the theme seemed to be (not unsurprisingly) big band music including Glen Miller , though no doubt that changed in time ?

Can't see any other mention or adverts after 1978. It appears to have been run by Tony Etridge who also had other venues in town .