We should have known better.....

We should have known better........than to cancel, on the strength of a much hyped [alleged] 'weather forecast', a keenly anticipated luncheon arrangement for geriatric ex-cricketers yesterday at Colwick.

The Scott/Oates scenario never arrived....

Suggest the only consistent feature of the modern day - satellites, high tech' bullshit - forecast is it's unreliablity.

Well typified by the local media 'forecasting' bimbo's....

Jack Scott, Bert Foord come back....all is forgiven.

Cheers

V Meldrew

Rob, totally agree about the current weather forecasts which always seem to predict conditions much worse than they actually are.

I believe this began when the meteorological office failed to warn about the severe gales which did so much damage in the South of England some years ago. Since then they have always erred on the side of caution for fear of being caught out again. compusmash

Just be thankful you don't live this side of the pond! Here the TV stations can hype a tiny snowstorm into a major disaster. They will have the stores emptied of bread and milk - all for 1" of snow! :angry:

Rob, totally agree about the current weather forecasts which always seem to predict conditions much worse than they actually are.

I believe this began when the meteorological office failed to warn about the severe gales which did so much damage in the South of England some years ago.  Since then they have always erred on the side of caution for fear of being caught out again.

Exactly so......key words being 'South of England'!

Anything (not just the weather) which is seen a potential threat to the M25 stockade is treated by the National media in terms of a 'nationwide' disaster; and the local media then pick up the thread...and off we go.....

London provides but 22% of the national population, but 81% of the national bullshit - Matthew Parris

Cheers

Robt P.

Oddly enough, our forecasters are pretty accurate..

It's a well known fact that we Brits always moan about the weather, I'll tell you what I think to these latest forcasts, It's all manufatured by the Labour government who have passed their findings on to the BBC after carrying out a feasability study costing god knows how much of the tax payers money to find out what will take the British publics minds off the cr@p whats going off in the government at the moment. So while we are moaning about the weather or lack of weather, the government and Tony B Liar are brewing up their next scam to eek more money out of us through more hiden tax schemes!!!! PHEW

Rog

It's a well known fact that we Brits always moan about the weather, I'll tell you what I think to these latest forcasts, It's all manufatured by the Labour government who have passed their findings on to the BBC after carrying out a feasability study costing god knows how much of the tax payers money to find out what will take the British publics minds off the cr@p whats going off in the government at the moment. So while we are moaning about the weather or lack of weather, the government and Tony B Liar are brewing up their next scam to eek more money out of us through more hiden tax schemes!!!! PHEW

Rog

Funny you should say that - we think the same about King George!

It's a well known fact that we Brits always moan about the weather.......

My moan is never about the weather, but about the organisation that allegedly forecasts it and the tainted media that presents it.

Seemingly, the National Weather Service is now nothing more than a Government QUANGO primarily interested in securing - to make it financially viable - private clients worldwide for it's 'services' ... to the detriment of its original function.

Add that to the London media spin, and inaccuracy follows.

Cheers

Robt P.

UPDATE

Current official Forecast:

Nottingham.

Friday: Light Rain

Saturday: Light Rain

Sunday: Light rain

Bottesford.

Friday; Light rain

Saturday: Light Rain

Sunday: Light Rain

Just poked my head around the door in equidistant Bingham and, surprise surprise, it is snowing heavily.

I rest my case...

Cheers

Robt P.

...aahhh when you all come to glorious South Australia to see the final of the Australia v England match you won`t have to worry .Sun 26-35 degrees C, but we had a bad day last week (44 in the north of the state, 41 where I live) !tanning!