Cr4p Cars of the Americas

I can still smell the Leather seating in me Picasso exclusive not as stronge as once it was when new but it's still there though reminding me how much I was ripped of by buying it as an extra.

Bip.

Ayup BIP,

Yep Castrol R40 oil is a vegetable oil from the castor bean, It don't like the cold weather and it don't mix with mineral oils, they use it in high performance engine because it keeps its viscosity at high temperatures, mixes freely with petrol or alcahol ( not harvest pale)

Rog

Nice one....

Bip. :Friends:

I can still smell the Leather seating in me Picasso exclusive not as stronge as once it was when new but it's still there though reminding me how much I was ripped of by buying it as an extra.

Bip.

Bwahaha!!!

The seats would be worth more than the rest of the car. !rotfl!

They're trying to flog Picassos' here in NSW now.

They might as well flog a dead horse.The motors are far too small for the weight of the vehicle.If you switched the aircon on the bloody thing would go backwards.

!laughing!

Baz :ph34r:

They might as well flog a dead horse.The motors are far too small for the weight of the vehicle.If you switched the aircon on the bloody thing would go backwards.

We hired a 2.0 for a Scottish trip last year, and also found it to be vastly underpowered.

But, like all French cars of my experience, extremely comfortable.

Come back De Pallas.....

Rather reminiscent of a Renault 20 that I once had, which was a 1.6 engine within the heavy Renault 30 body!

Cheers

Robt P.

The particular model I have is the two litre diesel which ok isn’t in anyway or form a rocket but who needs a rocket when here in the good old home land there are speed cameras and bloody pedestrian crossing lights spaced every one hundred yards.

The advantage over a two-litre petrol equivalent is the pulling or torque when fully laden also the mileage per gallon from the very frugal diesel engine and at UK fuel prices makes in my mind sense to own one.

Nearly forgot to mention low road tax as well.

My daughter owns a Jeep Cherokee, which too has a diesel engine, but with the Cherokee weighing maybe three times what the Picasso weighs doesn’t get anyway near what the Picasso does in mileage also when the new road tax banding for 4x4 comes into force next year she will be paying three times the road tax than what I pay at the moment.

Bip.

We hired a 2.0 for a Scottish trip last year, and also found it to be vastly underpowered.

But, like all French cars of my experience, extremely comfortable.

Come back De Pallas.....

Rather reminiscent of a Renault 20 that I once had, which was a 1.6 engine within the heavy Renault 30 body!

Cheers

Robt P.

Maybe you should have opted for the new Picasso 1600 turbo which has a ford engine power plant delivering over 135 brake horse power

So! how much horse power do you need for stop start motoring ?

Bip. :Friends:

The particular model I have is the two litre diesel which ok isn’t in anyway or form a rocket but who needs a rocket when here in the good old home land there are speed cameras and bloody pedestrian crossing lights spaced every one hundred yards.

The advantage over a two-litre petrol equivalent is the pulling or torque when fully laden also the mileage per gallon from the very frugal diesel engine and at UK fuel prices makes in my mind sense to own one.

Nearly forgot to mention low road tax as well.

My daughter owns a Jeep Cherokee, which too has a diesel engine, but with the Cherokee weighing maybe three times what the Picasso weighs doesn’t get anyway near what the Picasso does in mileage also when the new road tax banding for 4x4 comes into force next year she will be paying three times the road tax than what I pay at the moment.

Bip.

Whatever possessed her to buy a Jeep Den??? Quality is very poor with Jeeps, they look good unside and out, but when it comes to mechanical quality, forget it, they are crap.

They don't sell well over here where they are made because of that point. I have never sat in one yet where there isn't a lot of play in the steering.

My wife's recently got rid of one for a Dodge pickup, there is no comparison, better quality, well engineered etc etc.

Even smell better..

Had a Chrysler Le Baron for a little while didn't I mick??

;)

Had a Chrysler Le Baron for a little while didn't I mick??

;)

You have all my sympathy!

Mick and I were on a fly drive to Florida in 1994 they certainly look the part but there's no room for suitcases and there is no umph when you put your foot down!!

;)

Mick and I were on a fly drive to Florida in 1994 they certainly look the part but there's no room for suitcases and there is no umph when you put your foot down!!

;)

...and, thankfully, they don't make 'em anymore! They were replaced by the "Sebring" convertible, which is a decent car if you get the V-6 version.

Unfortunately, it seems like no matter how hard Chrysler try, their cars are generally crap! They all suffer from poor quality and Jeeps are terrible gas guzzlers (Dodge trucks too). Jeep manage to survive on image alone!

The Detroit news this morning is that Magna (who assemble Jeeps and PT cruisers in Austria) are teaming up with some Russian financier to buy Chrysler! Now THAT will have the unions worried!

Even though the subject of cars is a very interesting one I reckon we have gone off road a little in our 4x4s, so please can we get back to this Topics point which is Nottingham Smells.

I supose if we get a petition up and get all of us to sign it Mick might start another forum dedicated to the motor car.

Bip......The main antagonist

Youd think an Admin would split the topic and make a new thread? ;)

And is a Picasso seat not a french smell?

Carry on, and with the smells...

Actually me Dads last car was a Chrysler Le Baron, till he was persuaded to

give up driving (reluctantly)

92 years old and still driving the LA freeways!

Youd think an Admin would split the topic and make a new thread? ;)

And is a Picasso seat not a french smell?

One of his sensitive areas twitched?

Only joking Den :yahoo:

Must devise a 'Harvest Pale' wind up..... :tease:

Cheers

Robt P.

Wot the 'eck is a lad frum Sawley's dad doin in LA?

Wot the 'eck is a lad frum Sawley's dad doin in LA?

Living to a ripe old age by the sound of it LOL

;)