Skegness its so blazing

When was this Nick?

Last night Nobody was hurt when the fire ripped through buildings on The Parade, including nightclubs, amusement arcades and restaurants.

The blaze centred on the Lucky Strike arcade and Buster's Fun Pub.

Millions of pounds worth of damage has been caused to premises, including the Grand Hotel, which sits behind the modern arcade and is one of the town's oldest buildings.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said roads have been closed off and people are advised to avoid the area.

"Enquiries will be continuing to establish the cause of the fire," the spokesman added.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire County Council said the popular family resort is still open for tourists despite the road closures and traffic restrictions.

Up to 200 firefighters attended the blaze and water had to be pumped from two nearby swimming pools when supplies from fire appliances ran low.

"Members of the public have been asked to avoid the area around the clock tower as there are traffic restrictions, but with many popular attractions in the town, Skegness is still open for business," the spokesman said.

© Independent Television News Limited 2007. All rights reserved.

_44063983_skegaracadefirenight_416.jpg

click below

SKEGGY FIRE

Up to 200 firefighters attended the blaze and water had to be pumped from two nearby swimming pools when supplies from fire appliances ran low.

Why the swimming pools, ain't there a few billion gallons nearby (or was the tide out?)

Bloody hell where will we go for our chips & mushy peas next year??

Thanks for the link Nick.

Bloody hell where will we go for our chips & mushy peas next year??

Thanks for the link Nick.

I'm with you on that one. I actually like to visit Skeggy off season! One day I have to get Mary there when it is busy - a whole different slice of British culture!

Oh I think that's really sad Red. It will take a long time for Skeggy to recover from that fire,luckily the winter is fast approaching, at least if they get a wiggle on they might be able to rebuild some of it before next summer

Oh I think that's really sad Red. It will take a long time for Skeggy to recover from that fire,luckily the winter is fast approaching, at least if they get a wiggle on they might be able to rebuild some of it before next summer

Who are you kidding ? this is the U.K. there will be months of huffing and puffing whilst they decide whose fault it is and whose insurance pays out etc etc etc

So in reality it might be Christmas 2009 by the time it reopens

!rulez!

• 7 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...