Call me a stick in the mud if you like, but ever since MP3 players where introduced I have been reluctant 2 purchase 1, after all my portable tape recorder/player [Walkman] is still working fine and the bright Yellow colour always attracts well meaning comments and looks.

So when last night while late night shopping I inadvertently strayed in2 the electrical section of ASDA and before I knew it a 1Gb MP3 player found it’s way in2 my shopping trolley.

You can imagine the surprise on my face when I looked on my till receipt 2 find that the said article had cost me the miserly sum of £14, that wouldn’t buy a NOW 69 double album some 5 years ago.

So what do I do with the cassette box I once carried over my shoulder with the full collection of Fred Carno and his swinging velveteers in?

All I have 2 do now is load my favourite melodies on2 my computer and download them in2 my brand new magic box of tricks.

Not only is this new purchase lighter than a Walkman 2 carry and less bulky 2 but it uses less batteries which in the climate we find ourselves these days makes sense, less of a carbon footprint.

Bip. :Fool:

Dunno Den, don't have one and don't use my old walkman either, much prefer the sound of birds and the country sounds.

Got board with my MP3 about 2 weeks after I bought it (I should have bought one with a radio on it)

If you have a real old Sony walkman and especially if you have the box ,don't throw it I'll give you a fiver for it LOL(They are actually worth quite a lot of money DON'T PART WITH IT FOR LESS THAN A TON)

I've got the Sony MP3 player NW-A1000 but we only tend to use it when we go away on holiday. Great on the plane.

• 1 year later...

Well there 1 goes used it several times and now resides in the junk draw.

I was wondering are my ear oles misshapen because those little biddy speaker thingamajigs hurt me ears after a time?

Bip.

I know a place in California where you can buy movies on Laser Years old but in new condition for $3-5.

I did check what they were going for on eBay. NOWT! otherwise I would have bought some.

One was one of Elvis's movies!