Strange that this has not been mentioned by Nottstalgians!

CITY FILMS GRAB BAFTA HONOURS

09:00 - 11 February 2008

Nottingham director Shane Meadows scooped best British film at the Baftas last night.

This Is England faced stiff competition from Golden Globe winner Atonement and the thriller The Bourne Ultimatum.

The film was shot in Nottingham and its triumph crowned a great night for the city's film-makers.

Meadows was last nominated in 2005 for Dead Man's Shoes.

Receiving the award, Meadows yesterday joked to the Royal Opera House audience: "Last time I was nominated I took up a regime after Christmas, lots of sit-ups and press-ups. This year I gave up on that idea and thought I'd go with the man boobs, and it's turned my luck around."

Superb film also check Shane Meadows other films Dead Mans Shoes

fav clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USeow24XrCg

And if you can find it watch " Where's the Money Ronnie?" lasts about 20 Min's filmed entirely on sneinton market.

I honestly think that Dead Man's Shoes is one of the best films I've ever seen. It has some incredibly dramatic and memorable scenes and is very unpredictable. For me it's Shane's best movie so far but I like every one I've seen. Fantastic performance by Paddy Considine and a surprisingly accomplished one from ex-boxer, Gary Stretch.

Filmed in and around Matlock, this is a film that you won't forget in a hurry. Very haunting at times.

Recommended.

paddy_considine3.jpg

I've been to Stoke-on-Trent! I would claim Nottingham as my home too if I were from there! (And they talk funny)

• 2 years later...