The Price Of Beer! --

At a leaving do in Derby last night (Fat Cat's)

How do you work this one out?

1st round, 2 bottles Stella £5.40 :huh:

2nd round, 1 pint Stella, Half Kronenburg £4.05

Drink out of bottle £1.35 extra per half? :o

I thought there may have been a quid deposit on the bottle but no! <_<

I saw one guy drinking out of a bottle with a slice of lemon in the neck. Musta cost a bomb!

I am Wonderin who the "Fat Cat's" are? :angry:

:ph34r: While there are people out their willing to pay those sort of prices they the Fat Cats will continue to sell over priced beverages and make them even FATTER. :D

B) It's the world we live in, over charge as much as you can get away with.. :D

B) If people did't go to those places they would have to lower there prices or go bust.. :D

:o I'v been in some of those places in Nottm, load music teles all over the place, nowhere to sit, you have to shout to have a conversation, bar prices extortionate, young people standing around with bottles and the girls too. I now won't go in those places, i refuse to frequant them, leave them to the younger generation they seem to have the money to throw away on over priced drink...Give me a good pint of Bitter sensibley priced in a nice relaxed atmospher with good music not to load so you don't have to shout and friends that you know at the end of the night you won't be picking them out of the gutter then i'm happy.

post-25-1105831822_thumb.jpg

B) WE try to avoid the centre now for that reason but when we do venture into the city we avoid the market square pubs, even Weatherspoons gets very busy even thou they don't play music, Great. We tend to stick to the outskirts like Manfield Rd some nice pubs on there selling some good real beer from the Micro Brewerys, The Lincolneshire Poucher just to name one. Pubs around the Arena are ok too, you have The Castle, Bunkers Hill, The Moot Hall at the bottom of Carlton Rd, it's only been open 2 years that's where you'll find me on a Hockey night quaffing down the Jeffrey Hudson Bitter, [ JHB ] yummmy. :D The White Lion on Carlton Rd, just to name a few. As i said at the beginning we try to avoid the centre as much as possible but on occasions we do wonder, The Bell can be quite, and there was one at weekday cross i think it's called The County Tavern, i think it's been renamed now [ shame ] but on a saturday night they use to have a disc jockey in playing all the old stuff, [ Great ] but sadley they have opened it up and raped the insides and it's lost all the atmospher it once had, ummmmmm Progress, NO I DON'T THINK SO. :angry:

:ph34r: It really is a shame, NO a disgrace what thy are doing to the old pubs either they pull them down or gut them, you know what they say "What goes around comes around. One day i hope when it's not to late thy will see sense.

OK Dennis get off your high horse :ph34r:

post-25-1105891668_thumb.jpg

Hey you lot!! I wouldn't be complaining too much, when we go to an irish pub in Melbourne CBD, my partner pays roughly 7 bucks for a pint of Guinness,which in UK sterling is about 4quid I think?? What's the price of a pint of Guinness in Nottm nowadays?

post-25-1105960456_thumb.gif

B) Flipin ek Caz 4 quid you must be rich you ex pats.... :D

B) The most you would pay in Nottm is about £2.80 and that would be in somewhere posh. :o Funny you should say an Irish bar, we went to Corfu a number of years ago and found that the Irish bars were the most expensive places to drink even on a Spanish island, in fact i thought i was done on the price of the round that i quiried the price, but it was right, as you can imagine we never went back to that bar again, stayed in the two for one bars and Karaoke bars.. :o

B) Where i drink on an Hockey Night it's £2.30 pt. :D

:ph34r: Come on back it's cheeper here. :wub:

post-25-1105972443_thumb.jpg

Actually BIP I think it might be more than 4 quid, the exchange rate for sterling/dollar changes all the time as you know.

I always use this as an example, say you might earn 600 quid a week & pay 6 pounds for a Guinness ,well if we earn 600 dollars & pay 6 bucks for the same pint then surely that equates to the same doesnt it?? or am I P*****g in the wind!!

post-25-1106130946_thumb.gif

B) Yes you're right Caz, it equates to the same thing. :D

B) The price you pay maybe influenced by wether they brew it in Austrlia or it's imported. Do you know if it is brewed there.? :o

B) Is your local brew expensive, is it all Lagers or can you get Bitter too. Can you you get Cider out there as well...Strongbow.:wub:

post-25-1106135878_thumb.jpg

As far as I know the Guinness would be imported hence the price,as for whats in the barrels I really wouldn't know,maybe thats brewed here. We can get most beers you have in UK, Kilkenny,Stella,Tetleys,Speckled Hen,Boddingtons,all much the same price of Guinness ,whether in cans or at the tap. Yes we have Cider but not woodpecker,but we can get Scrumpy. I very occasionally drink White Diamond thats a killer!!

Our beer is priced between about 1 to 2 bucks a stubbie & up to 3.50 a stubbie,depending on where you get it, pub or bottle shop.Just ordinary beer is the cheapest & thats probably what you would call Bitter................I think they are all bitter so I stick to the spirits most of the time :blink:

And Aussies never drink Fosters!! :huh:

• 2 months later...

This one sounds the type i would like..GOLD DIGGER.

OG 1040 ABV 4%

Golden coloured with a citrus aroma, grapefuit and a touch of spiciness on the palate with a fresh and hoppy finish.

:P Or the one below... see picture.. :P

post-25-1112177418_thumb.png

All this talk about good beer, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth (er, I mean "pence")

Check out this link for our local brewery in Chico, CA. We have a keg of their pale ale on tap at all times! We have a "kegerator" built into our barbeque island, keeps the keg pressurized and refrigerated so it never goes flat! :D Needless to say, the neighbors are always coming over for a drink!! <_<

www.sierranevada.com

I thought about bringing a few for you guys to mull over, but then realized it would be a bit heavy to lug around. :(

• 10 years later...