Car parking in Nottingham?

Will be visiting the city of my birth next Monday and will be meeting a mate at the Midland station, where will be the best place to park my car for the day? We will be doing the tourist route around the city so need to be close to the castle/station areas. also how do you pay for car parking in the city now,is it cash, card or some form of token? many thanks

Rog

When I did the Tram and tourist thing I parked in the N.C.P. Multi story opposite the station (Adjacent to the Vat and Fiddle of Harvest Pale fame) When I left I realised I had no change but it accepted my hole in the wall card as well as credit /debit. IMMSC it wasn't too steep (Although it was a Saturday and it may be more expensive weekdays)

Ian

Which direction are you coming in from Rob?

If from the north, Park and get the tram from Pheonix Park.

From the south, Clifton Bridge Park & ride.

I dont park in the city anymore?

The Midland Station car park is £6 for 24 hours Rog, and accepts payment by card.

You would be better off though making your way to Moorbridge or Phoenix Park as Mick suggests and get the tram. It's free to leave the car and an all day tram & bus pass is only £2.70. For this you can get on and off the tram or any NCT bus as many times as you like in 24hrs - and the tram will take you directly to Midland Station.

Surely, he is Lincolnshire based and will be arriving from the east...

I'd suggest either the Colwick Racecourse Park & Ride, or park in Bingham to catch the excellent 15 minute bus service which passes the station, en route to Friar Lane.

1,999...that's me done.

Cheers

Robt P.

Ayup All,

Many thanks to all of you for the info, I know it might sound a daft question but I've not parked in the city for about ten years, once again thanks all

Rog

• 5 years later...

try parking wilkinson st free them all day tram ticket to station st you can get on and of tram any time you like that dayso you can still meet your mate at train station

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a side comment, I was born and brought up in Nottingham (Hyson Green to be specific) but now live and work in Teesside. The public transport here is dire and expensive. The tram system is of great benefit to Nottingham. Its only when you move away when you realise what a great city Nottingham is.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 years later...