Im currently having a lot of bother trying to access ceratin sites, this one included, please excuse a lack of replies to anything posted for my attention.........Using wifes pc to do this post......

Sounds like a virus?

To treat a cold one has to feed it, to treat a virus one needs to see a doctor.

I would recommend you to see my doctor but he's a little quackers but don't let his web feet put you off.

Bip.

• 2 weeks later...
It wont even load internet explorer...................

That doesn't sound good......

If you can get on-line try, and get to an on-line scanner such as http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/

If not and you still have e-mail I can send you a small program call Stinger that basically gets rid of the most common viruses.

If you can get a mate to download "Avast" onto a disk and run that ,it worked wonders for me!!

Craig, Shell out and get Norton - it'll clean the machine and you'll be trouble free for ever. May not be a virus - could be a host of spy bots, could be too many bits and pieces lying about, could be a lot of things - Norton 360 will take care of it all - and it has a firewall!!

Craig, Shell out and get Norton - it'll clean the machine and you'll be trouble free for ever. May not be a virus - could be a host of spy bots, could be too many bits and pieces lying about, could be a lot of things - Norton 360 will take care of it all - and it has a firewall!!

For a good check up of your PC for trojans virus etc try this site..its free & its good

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/

Good call Pat (But he can't get online to download owt!!)....LOL

Bunch of tightwads!! Buy software Craig it saves no end of trouble! It works out at about a pound a week. Also go into explorer properties (probably you did) and delete all the cookies, temp files and stuff - oh and then view the files - some files and cookies are delte resistant and you have to go get em.

That might get you back online and then you can download freestuff - but a lot of the freestuff guys make money by spying on you as part of a deal with other folks.......

So, be careful.

Good call Pat (But he can't get online to download owt!!)....LOL

That's a point - he can't get on here either!! So he's not reading any of this stuff. Beefy, can't you call him up and help him out?

Bunch of tightwads!! Buy software Craig it saves no end of trouble! It works out at about a pound a week. Also go into explorer properties (probably you did) and delete all the cookies, temp files and stuff - oh and then view the files - some files and cookies are delte resistant and you have to go get em.

That might get you back online and then you can download freestuff - but a lot of the freestuff guys make money by spying on you as part of a deal with other folks.......

So, be careful.

He MIGHT be too tight to buy software Charlie.....LOL>.but going on the net without it is like having sex without a condom ( so I'm told) Anyway...there is a great FREE anti virus software out there by the name of AVG. I know lots who use it & it performs extremely well. For checking bots & malware try Spybot or Ad-aware, again.both free.both good

He MIGHT be too tight to buy software Charlie.....LOL>.but going on the net without it is like having sex without a condom ( so I'm told) Anyway...there is a great FREE anti virus software out there by the name of AVG. I know lots who use it & it performs extremely well. For checking bots & malware try Spybot or Ad-aware, again.both free.both good

I used AVG for a long time and it seemed to do ok just the odd invasion, but then I had a biggy in somehow ,Trojans ,worms allsorts of garbage, and AVG couldn't (Or wouldn't) shift it.So I downloaded the Avast one that Mick posted a link to a while back, I ran that and as it found all the nasty stuff and set off the whistles and bells to alert me to the fact ,the AVG suddenly (By complete and utter fluke) found them too!! Now I'm not trying to start any malicious rumours but , why (Assuming that AVG is the best freebie ,as I was told too) didn't it find all those Trojans and things until Avast had found them first ??????

The only downside I've found with Avast is that if you do a manualy started deep search , you have to sit and watch it , 'cos if it finds anything, it stops running until you decide what to do with it , ie vault it or heal it etc and this can take an hour or more. You can still surf the net whilst it's going though but it tends to be slow

So I have deleted AVG now still keep the address in reserve though

I run adaware! What do you use for a firewall? By the way, I'd be more than happy if someone could tell me what sex is like - with or without a condom.

I run adaware! What do you use for a firewall? By the way, I'd be more than happy if someone could tell me what sex is like - with or without a condom.

I use the firewall from my anti virus.......i use PC Cillin

thumbsup

I use the firewall from my anti virus.......i use PC Cillin

thumbsup

Sex?????.wtf is that?

!rotfl!

By the way, I'd be more than happy if someone could tell me what sex is like - with or without a condom.

Can't really comment on the sex thing :blush:

But............... a mate once said to me that he would rather have a s**t than have sex with a woman.

' At least you don't have to cuddle it and talk nice to it afterwards ' - he said !rotfl!

Sorry Boss!!

But............... a mate once said to me that he would rather have a s**t than have sex with a woman.

' At least you don't have to cuddle it and talk nice to it afterwards ' - he said !rotfl!

Sorry Boss!!

LMAO Is there are forum on sex?????

!rotfl!

Sorry Boss!!

What's all this cuddle and talk bulls**t

You can catch nasty virus's from what you lot are radgetting on about