1971/72? Mini pop concert on the Trent Embankment Band Stand

Was it a figment of my imagination or was there an event lasting a couple of days at the Trent Embankment Band Stand some time during the summer of 71 or 72.

Anyone remember and were there any groups of note that attended - my memory is terrible, I went to it but it's all a blur lol.

Hello Gadge

I lived at Wilford Cres West at that time.

I went one day, and cant remember the band I saw, but it will come to me.

• 2 weeks later...
I lived at Wilford Cres West at that time.

I went one day, and cant remember the band I saw, but it will come to me.

It came to me!

Def Leppard?

It came to me!

Def Leppard?

Their first Nottingham gig was at the Boat (I know because I was there) plus they only started in '77 so it's not them.

• 2 weeks later...
Was it a figment of my imagination or was there an event lasting a couple of days at the Trent Embankment Band Stand some time during the summer of 71 or 72.

Anyone remember and were there any groups of note that attended - my memory is terrible, I went to it but it's all a blur lol.

I went to the concerts there. I remember sunshine and Wayne Evans probably played (Gaffer?). My husband (at the time) made some CND leather badges and sold them to the audience.

I know Gaffa played as did Down To Earth which featured some friends of mine. I'm also pretty certain that most of the bands that featured on the album appeared.