It's on Claremont Road and i know they have a Divorced and separated night midweek which is quite good.

slywink

Ahh!! - the old 'Grab a Grannie' night. :Friends:

It's on Claremont Road and i know they have a Divorced and separated night midweek which is quite good.

slywink

That's interesting den have you been then? You sound knowledgeable on the subject do you reckon I would pull if I attended or should I just accept that a single life and one cup tea bags is the way to go for me..

If I did attend would hipster jeans and patent chisel toed shoes be fitting for the event? If not do you think I would still be accepted if I did turn up dressed like that only because I haven’t replaced my 70s gear for this modern rubbish yet, I just don’t have the time or inclination to do so besides when they made cloths back then they stayed made not like the crap Primark has in from the sweat shops of the orient.

Frank don’t be so dismissive of the older generation mate, many a good tune is played on an older granny..

Always with an opinion………. Bip.

PS...would the club you refer to be The Polish Cathlic Club, 2 Sherwood rise. Tel No 01159624859?

I dunno abt that but I heard that first saturday of every month there's a disco - soul nite or oldies

with DJ. It started January of this year. Wondered if it was any good and what the age group was.

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/forum/calenda...p;event_id=3161

That event is certainly held at the Polish Catholic Club as BIP suggests. A friend went to one of the Northern Soul nights there and said it was a great night. The age group was pretty mixed. Our old friend Rob Smith is one of the DJ's there.

The Polish Catholic club is at the bottom of Sherwood rise, okay if you like Pole dancing. !laughing!

Further up Sherwood rise on the right is Claremont Rd with the Federation club, it might even be called the Ukranian club. I went there with a mate who was recently divorced to give moral support. Give it a try Bip, i recommend plenty of Brut and you can't fail.

I think they do another D&S night at the Hillside (ex Western club) on Derby road.

Does any one remember the Italian club on the corner of Vivian ave and Sherwood rise?