Do you miss leaving Nottingham ?

Next thing you will be telling us there are no white lines?

Concrete and clay beneath my feet begin to crumble my love will never die for this green and real [not man made] pleasant land.

I have heard through the grape vine, sorry alcohol is band! that they eat dogs out there much tastier than a lamb kebab.

Bip never moans.

Next thing you will be telling us there are no white lines?

Concrete and clay beneath my feet begin to crumble my love will never die for this green and real [not man made] pleasant land.

I have heard through the grape vine, sorry alcohol is band! that they eat dogs out there much tastier than a lamb kebab.

Bip never moans.

The dogs with black hair are tastier than white ones!!!!! But you have to check your pitta for little messages!

I have heard a facinating fact about Dubai ( from my Father in law who was over there a few weeks ago)

At this moment in time over three quarters of the worlds tower cranes are in Dubai on one construction project or another!!!

Reagan changed the Social Security, which made a lot of immigrants very angry - we paid the money in, why can't we get the benefit! Unfortunately, no vote also means no rights!

I suspect that if your wife is American, and you die first, the tax thing doesn't count, but I'm not certain.

Don't forget that the UK allows dual citizenship - so when you take US citizenship you can keep your British passport. I kept my fingers crossed when I took the pledge of allegiance, so it doesn't count! ;)

Funny story on the passport thing - the first time we went to England after I became a US citizen, I thought I would do the "nice" thing and stand in the long, non-UK citizen, line with my wife. When I got to the counter, the officer looked at me when I gave him the US passport and said "do you still have your British passport?" - I pulled it out of my bag and he gave me back the US one and said "you're still English, don't use this piece of junk", laughed and sent me on my way!

Thanks Eric.

I'll get my wife to check it out. She works in reference at the library. I would expect U.S govt websites IRS etc. might have something on this.

Yes my wife is a U.S. citizen and in the event of my death things should go straight to her.

I still have my Canadian passport and you can hold dual U.S./Canadian citizenship. I would never renounce my Canadian citizenship, I think too much of it.

I understand if you were born in the U.K. of British parents you can always apply for a British passport. So I guess you never really lose your British citizenship either no matter where you go.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a union of Mexico/ U.S / Canada before too long. I sense that's the way the powers that be are moving but if they try it they will get a lot of static from many Canadians. We live in interesting times my friend!

Dave

Wouldn't be surprised to see a union of Mexico/ U.S / Canada before too long. I sense that's the way the powers that be are moving but if they try it they will get a lot of static from many Canadians.

Also remember the Alamo?

Happy independance day by the way

Also remember the Alamo?

Happy independance day by the way

Sure do - Remember the Alamo that is!

Thanks. Hamburgers, hotdogs and fireworks today. Not a patch on November fifth though.

Solly A.K.A as Loppylugs among other less complimentary names will probably get his own hamburger tonight.

Dave

Reagan changed the Social Security, which made a lot of immigrants very angry - we paid the money in, why can't we get the benefit! Unfortunately, no vote also means no rights!

I suspect that if your wife is American, and you die first, the tax thing doesn't count, but I'm not certain.

Don't forget that the UK allows dual citizenship - so when you take US citizenship you can keep your British passport. I kept my fingers crossed when I took the pledge of allegiance, so it doesn't count! ;)

Funny story on the passport thing - the first time we went to England after I became a US citizen, I thought I would do the "nice" thing and stand in the long, non-UK citizen, line with my wife. When I got to the counter, the officer looked at me when I gave him the US passport and said "do you still have your British passport?" - I pulled it out of my bag and he gave me back the US one and said "you're still English, don't use this piece of junk", laughed and sent me on my way!

Nowt wrong with crossing your fingers when reciting the pledge of allegiance. !englandflag!

There of plenty of US-born hyphenated Americans who would put their country and its interests ahead of the land of their birth.

It sounds like Katyjay's brother brings out exactly the same stuff my friends/family MUST bring with them to gain access to my house!:)

We plan on applying for citizenship(after holding a greencard for 5 years)there seems no reason not to.You do not need to give up your British citizenship or passport to do so.Can't think of any downside to dual nationality.Let me know if there is.

talking of things I miss,I spoke to my father in law yesterday,who was fishing for barbel at Sawley weir.....how I would have loved to have been there!:(

talking of things I miss,I spoke to my father in law yesterday,who was fishing for barbel at Sawley weir.....how I would have loved to have been there!:(

Don't forget you have some fantastic Big Mouth Bass fishing in Florida you also have some of the best Sea fishing any where in the world!!!!

I do miss my weir fishing for Barbel too, there isn't any over here in Cheshire. The only large fishing river near me is the Weaver and there are no weirs on there as it is a working river and was converted to a semi canal in the 1800s. The sea fishing up this neck of the woods is not too brilliant (Once you have fished Cornwall that is)