What the Blinkin ecks bin goin on!

We were down for 24 hours with a database error.

IPB support said it was our host.

I got no reply from their support, and managed to repair the DB this morning,

having been up since 4am.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

It was probably a Carpetbagger,Mick. You should enlist Racine industries.!

Racine Industries, the developers of the HOST® Dry Exaction Carpet Cleaning System, offers customers, homeowners, schools and businesses a fast, effective service. The corrupt activities of some made the term carpetbagger synonymous with any outsider who meddles in an area's affairs for his own benefit

We were down for 24 hours with a database error.

IPB support said it was our host.

I got no reply from their support, and managed to repair the DB this morning,

having been up since 4am.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Mick - I did a google on the error message and it seems to be related to sloppy server upgrades! Thanks for all the effort - I missed the site ENORMOUSLY

Does that mean we last data or headroom?

eh??

well done mick

Thanks for your dedication Mick - I tried about 3 or 4 times to log on yesterday but to no avail, thanks again Mick, really enjoy the site.

eh??

well done mick

Sorry Ian, I was trying to ask whether the reduction in the size of the database meant that data have been lost or whether it just means that the amount of room we have for storing data has been reduced.

I wondered why I was being "white paged".

I don't know which database engine is being used, but most databases do require some attention from time-to-time. I know that most SQL types do not recover the space when an item is deleted or eliminated, so over time the database grows - and may eventually lock up if it reaches a "maximum" size limitation.

The answer to this is to periodically compact, or re-generate, the database which then recovers the "deleted" space. This could be the reason the database appears to have reduced in size without loss of data!

I don't know which database engine is being used, but most databases do require some attention from time-to-time. I know that most SQL types do not recover the space when an item is deleted or eliminated, so over time the database grows - and may eventually lock up if it reaches a "maximum" size limitation.

The answer to this is to periodically compact, or re-generate, the database which then recovers the "deleted" space. This could be the reason the database appears to have reduced in size without loss of data!

Slightly Quirky Lingo?

I still think you should ship em off to Iraq !jumping!

Jeez - I should know better than to talk "tech" around you lot! compusmash

Jeez - I should know better than to talk "tech" around you lot! compusmash

Sorry Eric could you put that in english...

Bip.

I repaired the Database in PhP Myadmin, Eric could be right.

I am a little preoccupied with stuff at the moment...