• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this ventriloquist lark takes a lot of cractice someone i miss

Posted Images

B) Hey Rob your Barred mate.....

!rulez! Well, Well, that did'nt last long and i thought that was hard...Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Kindly don't be over impressed....

I simply recalled reading his obit', not that long ago....IIRC, another famous vent' also died on exactly the same day - can't remember who......

Sadly, my early morning ritual is to read the online obit's whilst partaking of my first coffee.

The mixture of morbidity and caffiene sets me up nicely for the day ahead...........

Cheers

Robt P.

Thats a shock , I certainly remember her, a very funny lady, a sad loss to the entertainment world

• 7 months later...
Ask him what happened to Grandad?

Ask him yourself he's out your way tomorrow .

Tv joker Jeremy Beadle is treading the boards to raise cash for a theatre destroyed by fire.

The funnyman joins Tim Healy, Melvyn Hayes and ventriloquist Neville King in variety show Meet the Gang in Long Eaton tomorrow.

Half the proceeds will help rebuild the town's Duchess theatre, hit by fire in 2003.

Veteran actor Melvyn Hayes was in EastEnders, Countdown and Summer Holiday.

He will play drag artist Bombardier Beaumont, the role in It Ain't Half Hot Mum that made him a household name. Local youngsters will sing the theme tune.

"A show like this would normally cost a lot to put on but we do it all for free."

Neville King, 78, lives in the Vale of Belvoir. He performed with his dummy - a drunk old man - for 52 years, playing at the London Palladium and across the world.

He said:

"It is a lot of money to raise but it is a damned good thing, especially for the kids."

The event is organised by Britain's oldest showbiz charity, the Grand Order of Water Rats.

It takes place at Trent College's May Hall, Derby Road, Long Eaton, with a matinee at 3pm and evening show at 7.30pm.

The Phoenix Fund needs to raise £800,000 to save the Duchess.

Graham Smith, consultant director of fund-raising, said: "In the old days all the big names got involved in variety shows, but it is a thing of the past now.

"It really is a variety - there will be a magician and comedians.

"It will appeal to older people but I also think it will appeal to younger people as they will get a chance to see a proper variety show."

Jeremy Beadle, best known for You've Been Framed, will host the evening, while Tim Healy, who was in Auf Wiedersehen Pet and Coronation Street, will sing.

"It's a fantastic coup," said Mr Smith. "They are all doing it for free, and even travelling here free of charge." Tickets are nearly sold out for the evening show, but some are still available for the matinee. To book call Leon Wade on 0115 849 0598.

Front stalls are £15 or £12.50 concessions and rear stalls are £12.50 or £10 concessions.

Top marks to the 4 of them for giving up their limited free time and not even charging expenses....

None of them are now in 'the first flush of youth' either, nor are they in the super-star pay league.

No comparison with a famous pro footballer, of whom I heard recently that he was rudely refusing to sign autographs for his young fans as he entered the stadium to play in his OWN TESTIMONIAL MATCH which raised him almost £1mK TAX FREE!!!!!!!!..........bastard.

A cousin, and his son, witnessed the behaviour whilst queueing for ground admission and promptly left for home.....

Cheers

Robt P.

• 2 years later...

Neville King used to work with Grandad.

I remember working with him one summer season at Pontins when I was a Bluecoat during the University holidays. :lol:

Regards,

Bamber

R.I.P. Nev .

http://www.thisisnot...il/article.html

Cracking clip on YouTube http://www.youtube.c...rom=PL&index=11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoLV3pgfH4o

• 8 months later...

No , he always was a little 'tight'...........rotfl.gif .....the 'silly arse'

• 1 year later...

I read somewhere that there are only two registered professional ventriloquists operating in the UK today.

" I only arsked!" Now, I think that was Bernard Bresslaw as Pte. Popplewell (Popeye) in the Army Game.