Have just registered and this is my first post.

I publish the web site referred to by Frank - http://www.risepark.plus.com (purely as a pastime)

It now has over 55 pages and more than 400 photographs - all taken by myself.

Covers the Rise Park area of Nottingham, including many local 'places to visit'. Local parks, nature reserves etc. But also some places further afield. All places I have visited recently, so not yet in the nostalgia category.

As regards the Admirals bath reference and photo - there is a reference to this on the web site www.picturesofengland.com as under:-

"From the north-east basement a flight of rough steps and an underground passage lead first to a well of ice-cold water and then to a subterranean reservoir called the Admiral's bath, after a naval chief in the Willoughby family who apparently used it for his daily plunge. At the other end of the basement, the old servant's hall includes a fantastic bell system, used at one time to summon service to any corner of the house".

P.S. Hope I've entered this OK !! :wacko:

Welcome to the forum...

Congratulations on your superb website...excellently written, with interesting illustrations.

Your standard of written English will be much appreciated in these columns!

Look forward to your future contributions...

Cheers

Robt P.

Yes an Excellent site. Welcome to Nottstalgia.

I have taken the liberty of updating your signature with a link to your site.

You can make any changes in your personal control panel.

I hope your site promotes discussion here, and that you will join in our

discussions.

Mick

Thanks for the good 'reviews'!

Have now added a reciprocal link to Nottstalgia, but please don't expect a huge jump in visitor numbers - I'm getting just over 1000 a month at present.

Cheers, your Google rating increases, the more sites that link you.

Thats why I updated your sig to show your site address.

Oy Admin

Whats the point in you telling us not to quote the previous post as it's not neccessary and you go and do it yourself???

compusmash

Rules for one and then you and I are others....

Nor did I like the reference to good written English................rob..........unfortunately not all have had the privilege of a good education besides it’s not what one writes that makes the person it’s the way one is on the inside.

Bip.

It's not a case of a good education...I went to a bog standard school and left with sod all in the exam department...I was in a class of 45/46 for years...it's called listening to what you're taught and not pratting about in class.

30 odd years ago kids were taught spelling and grammar aren't important it's the content that matters ...Crap...it was then and it is now. The kids in the 'D' steam in my day could speak and write a damn sight better than today.The teachers and their so called superiors have a lot to answer for.

Paul.

.....Nor did I like the reference to good written English................rob.......... Bip.

Why do you always take personal umbrage at a generalisation?

Are we debarred from mentioning written English because of your well documented complex?

Cheers

Robt P.

It's not a case of a good education...I went to a bog standard school and left with sod all in the exam department...I was in a class of 45/46 for years...it's called listening to what you're taught and not pratting about in class.

30 odd years ago kids were taught spelling and grammar aren't important it's the content that matters ...Crap...it was then and it is now. The kids in the 'D' steam in my day could speak and write a damn sight better than today.The teachers and their so called superiors have a lot to answer for.

Paul.

Well said Paul, the classes I was was in were in the 35 to 40 lads.

We were taught with the cane, no "pratting around" in class or you got a swift whack from the teacher in no uncertain terms! Some were very strict disciplinarians others only wielded their power when forced to.

Not only was English and grammer important when we were at school, it was also taught during my apprenticeship at Tech. As one day we would all have to write reports on equipment or accident reports, it was considered an important subject.

Cheers, your Google rating increases, the more sites that link you.

Thats why I updated your sig to show your site address.

Ta, it's not easy finding top spot in Google nowadays, though I've managed it with most of the other main engines. They all work on a different basis.

On Googles 8th or 9th page at present with my main search term, but in 2nd place if typed in without spaces betwen the words!

Will let you know if the new link improves matters.

P.S. Nice to see that the current scores (posts) seem to be around six in favour, one 'on the fence' and only one against the use of "good written English".

Why do you always take personal umbrage at a generalisation?

Are we debarred from mentioning written English because of your well documented complex?

Cheers

Robt P.

I DON'T Always maybe sometimes, just depends on the strength of the medication I on at the time.

Bip.