Which was best?

Ayup all,

One for the blokes really but I think some enterprising young lady will come up with their version.

What was best: Dinky or Corgi and when you've answered that which particular model?

Rog

I`m afraid my elder daughter is a `Dinky',Rog. Is she the one you are thinking of?

(DINKY is occasionally used (in the UK, India, and China) to describe a high-earning couple who choose not to have children and are therefore able to afford a more expensive consumer lifestyle than those with families. The term was coined during the 1980s, at the height of "yuppie" culture. The post-2000 economic crises have made this social pattern more permanent)

As to corgis ,they are viscious little brutes,but this one came unstuck!

. Princess Anne's bull terrier is to undergo behavioral training after savaging one of the Queen's corgis. !inthebin!

No contest...Dinky...

Still possess my cherished circa 1955 Dinky Guy Flat truck...complete with chains, no less...

IIRC, 2/6p from Lee & Goodjohn's, Nuthall Road.

Weighs not much less than the 1:1 scale version!

Cheers

Robt P.

I was just a bit too young for Corgi / Dinky , in my era it was all "Matchbox" which later had the rivalry with "HotWheels"

Can’t say I had any preferences over Dinky or Corgi never was that much of a geek.

I do have, and my grandchildren still play with Corgi and dinky dye cast toys left over from my childhood that my mum [god keep her] saved.

But I do remember Hot Wheels; my lad who is now 32 had the loop-de-loop track with the turbo boost thingamigig.

I was going to put a link in but, you know what? I just couldn't be bothered!

Bip.