Spring is here at last, what wildlife activity have you seen.

Don't be so quick to judge mate... :dry:

Not judging , just going on personal experience with SWMBO smile2

Love the kitchen/ Robin shots Pete.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spring is just around the corner.

Posted Images

I just took the dog for a walk down the river and came across a scrap between a heron and an egret, now that was interesting, I tried to take a picture but failed miserably, they took off as soon as I appeared, just for the record, the heron is somewhere on the left with the egret on the right, you might be able to make something out:-

river008.jpg

Cheers Ian, I went back again later on my bike and had the misfortune to bump into the village idiot, sorry local wildlife expert, who reckons that the egrets have established a colony of at least 4 down here, I thought he was going to have an orgasm at the prospect of egret chicks in darkest Braintree. When I told him about the Blackcap and Whitethroat hanging around my garden, his eyes glazed over and bang on cue they started singing, he shot off on his bike to investigate, I didn't follow, I expect to find him dead against my fence with a smile on his face when I take the dog for a walk later.

• 5 years later...

I think therefore I am , I think.

Already this Spring I have seen a profusion of large bumble bees. Has anyone else?

and whilst walking in Wollaton recently I came across a lady with a beautiful barn owl on her arm................ such a bright intelligent bird ( just to clarify I do mean the owl!)