Sad to see Heartbeat is finishing, though in all honesty it died when Greengrass left? Have heard the real reason it's finishing however is after filming the last 2 episodes in Australia the makers of the series have decided to switch the series to there as there will be no need for "period sets" etc, they'll just film as normal and it'll come across as 1960's!

For you Ashley.

Why Australia is in Trouble

The population of this country is 20 million.

11 million are retired.

That leaves 9 million to do the work.

There are 5 million in school

Which leaves 4 million to do the work.

Of this there are 2 million employed by the federal government.

Leaving 2 million to do the work.

0.1 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Osama

Bin-Laden.

Which leaves 1.9 million to do the work.

Take from that total the 1.5 million people who work for state and city

Governments. And that leaves 0.4 million to do the work.

At any given time there are 18,800 people in hospitals.

Leaving 381,200 to do the work.

Now, there are 380,198 people in prisons.

That leaves just two people to do the work.

You and me.

And there you are,

Sitting on your arse,

At your computer, reading jokes.

Nice...............really helpful.

Sorry,Mariag, My (whats left of it) addled brain is not working well .My son in law informs me you can watch that self same brain being operated on,on British TV tonight instead of `Heartbeat'(am sure Ashley will be miffed!). Modbury is now adjacent to one of the most beautiful areas in Adelaide(Golden Grove) but miles away from my home at Brighton(in G.W.R.). My elder son lives there but I do not know it well.What were the other questions?

Yes Nick Berry era best, stuck to the general theme more? though early "Mike the plank" days not bad if you ignore his riding coat flapping in the wind! Of course they had to spoil it bringing in a 7 stone Velocette riding female motor mechanic (even with valve lifter doubt could kickstart one of those?) wasn't it a high comp Thruxton too? and other high flying modern females (not very 1960's)

I was never that much of a fan myself, I found it a bit insipid, but, like Midsummer Wine, it achieves it's purpose, and fair enough, you can't knock it.

All I can say is that it's demise is going to have an affect on the North Yorks Moors Steam Railway, the series has really boosted their income, but then, people don't forget, do they?

Here's another one I don't watch, but I might give the new series a go .

Do Martin

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

I like Martin Clunes , love his dead pan attitude in this show like when he says excuse me, then slams door! Anyone remember him when he played an RAF airbase commander, who's wife had an affair with his brotherin a 2 part show "Over Here" was a great one off series, also starred Timothy West and his son

He had a terrible facial twitch whenever the Germans were mentioned, remember that.

Highlight was the ground attack on the US airbase by two genuine DB powered former Luftwaffe Bf109's, I doubt whether that has happened since WW2, the only film ever to feature them, notwithstanding Hollywood money, unlikely to be replicated in the future as they are both either in a museum or tucked away somewhere, a little thing that most people probably wouldn't notice, or give a sh@t about, but a very historic and unique event.