It had to be said,

To the tune of "High ho"

5-0, 5-0,...5-0 5-0 5-0, 5-0 5-0 5-0 5-0,, 5-0, 5-0 5-0 5-0 etc etc etc

County County top of the league,County , top of the league.

And words to that effect.

Now I shall just sit back and wait for the slippery slope to get steeper!!

I was so impressed, that I even stayed up to watch the highlights on the BBC's new football programme last night.

If things go on like this over the next few matches I might be tempted to go and watch them play down the road at Barnet in a few weeks.

Incidentally, the opening match of the famous 1970/71 season resulted in a 0-0 draw at York, with a 3-1 defeat of Barrow at their first home match.

It has to be said though, that the shine was taken off the result down here by our local team Colchester, now that was something else, 7 goals at Norwich without the benefit of a new high profile 'Director of Football', Arab money, 9 new signings and the publicity thats gone with it. I'm looking forward to my regular sunday phone call from my pal in Norfolk, the worlds biggest Norwich City fan, I've a feeling he might not ring today.

By the way Beefsteak, did you go to Rhyl yesterday and are you off to Blackpool airshow today.

Well considering we were playing a team 2 divisions above us and they scored with their only attack of the game,!!! also let us not forget Forest only put 3 past the same side we put 5 past on Saturday!!!

By the way if we had beaten Donny would have been seen as a great achievement or would it have been seen as expected ??

A slight exageration with the "Their only attack of the game" comment

Interesting to see that we are showing interest in Kasper Schmeical (however it's spelt) the Man City goalkeeping son of legend Peter, and Sol Campbell to name but two

couldn't beat Doncaster when they were non league never mind div 2 (it's still 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th division to me) I remember going to their old ground stuck on side of an airport, bit offputting when away section has beacons to warn off low flying planes! and yes they lost 0-1 in a cup gane

Well you heard it here first !!!

Kasper Schmiecal signs for Notts, breaking the record we paid for Agana in 1991.

I liked him when I first saw him a couple of years back at Man City, and we have him for 5 years, great news for the club and supporters alike.

And if you read this Kasper welcome to the MadHouse.

looks alot like his dad, talking of goalie's I repaired Mick Leonards central heating early 1980's, as a tip he gave me a seaon ticket! also tried to teach him guitar but difficult as he had "rearranged" fingers on left hand due to Mick Waite standing on them! :Shock:

I read about the clubs interest in Schmeichel and Campbell on the Notts County Mad website a few days ago, after Wednesdays performance, rather Sol than Rio. How much did Schmeichel cost then.

Incidentally, County 2 up at Macclesfield at half time.

I'm puzzled, I put Radio Nottingham on the computer to get football reports and commentary and get exclusive coverage of Mansfield, no offence to Mansfield supporters, but?????????????

Just heard Notts are 4 up.

Beefsteak, I see that you're on line, did you go to Macclesfield yesterday, if so what did you think.

Anyone up for Barnet, it's only 50 miles from my house and more or less motorway door to door. The away standing, open terrace admission price is only £13, trouble is, it's an old fashioned ground with only 5500 capacity, the way things are going, it could be a sell out.

Off Google Street, here's the away fans entrance:-

barnetfc.jpg

According to an NEP reporter Sol Campbell has been seen in a Nottingham hotel, the same one that Sven is staying at.

Wasn't Sol involved with Ulrika at some point ( according to my missus ), perhaps they are comparing notes.

After Wednesdays defeat, it looks like they're back on track, D & R are a good team so it was a good result.

Anyone know the attendance, I gather that Schmeichel and Jackson played and that Sol was lurking around the ground.

You must've just missed me on Sunday , I was bobbing in and out whilst I was packing to go away. I didn't make Macclesfield as I had the kids (SWMBO was working)

Good result today , by all accounts we should have had 4 or 5 more.

I have also heard rumours that Sven is trying to talk a couple of famous continentals out of retirement !!

The radio rights to covering the Football League are restricted and cannot be put out on the web.

Is that a fact, whats the point of that then, whats the difference between broadcasting over the net and over the radio, how do they legally make it stick, no other programme contents are restricted on the web, so do the local stations have one broadcast for the radio and another for the net making it more of an expense for them. I can listen to Colchester on Radio Essex as I did for the Norwich match then but not on this device situated a few feet from my radio. Sounds odd to me and certainly not doing the FA any favours if thats the case, I obviously can't pick up Radio Nottingham down here apart from via the net, why should'nt I be able to listen to a local broadcast on different technology just because I live 135 miles away, whats the difference in media between DAB and the internet, or has that b@st@rd Murdoch stitched us all up again.

Having said all that, I've searched on Google and can't find any evidence to support what you say, I certainly listened to a few matches on Radio Nottingham via the web last season, I was going to try and listen to Notts yesterday but ended up round at the in laws late yesterday afternoon and watched some of the cricket on Sky instead, terrible coverage I thought, by the way, it must have been produced, directed and edited by Murdoch himself, but then he is an Aussie.

It's something to do with the FA owning the right to the footie!!

Pssssstsecret.gif

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>