The space shuttle launch is on hold at T-9, it is due to go at 4:14EST or 9:14 our time.

Go on to the NASA website and you can watch the launch live, it's most impressive with cameras all over the place.

Catch you later.

Just got back in from dropping the kids off at school and caught it a "Lift off " ,,,just!!

Well, I switched over to Windows media for a better picture and it cut out, I just caught it as it lifted off. Still running though, it's just approaching the Cornish Coast, replay coming up.

The replays are fantastic, I wonder how many cameras were destroyed on take off.

Listening to the commentary and status broadcasts, I got the impression that there was a transatlantic emergency situation available, I can only assume that it referred to Fairford, I reckon that the decks were probably cleared this morning just in case. Shuttle over the Indian Ocean now.

Wow, live from the Space Station now.

Bu99er, we were a month early.

Stood on the indian river before after travelling from Tampa Bay, waiting for lift off.

The manager at the hotel on the gulf coast said, what are you driving all that way for,

you can see it from here? The launch was cancelled!

I seem to remember driving across the Bee line ? one day in June 1994 and some one sat in the passenger seat suddenly exclaimed "Look Shuttle launch" after I finished swerving, I looked to where the passenger was pointing and saw the smoke coming from a large chimney going straight upwards !!!!

Do you recall who the passenger was Mick ????

I note from the 'Heavens above' site that the Shuttle/ISS passes are variable between 4 and 6 in the morning, I was blundering about and missed them today, they passed at 6:43 and I hadn't checked and didn't look up, clear sky as well.

I was in Florida in 1980/81 on Holiday, went to see a satellite launch at the Kennedy space centre, it was delayed for several hours and then cancelled, we weren’t allowed to leave the viewing site until the all clear was announced which was a lift time wait, finally got back to hotel on International drive in the late evening, a quick shower and out for Pizza.

While sitting around pool next day relaxing said cancelled launch took place.

I've seen three launches from a distance - two from Kissimmee, and one from the roof of a power plant in Ft. Lauderdale. Even from those distances, they are pretty amazing - the first time I saw one I couldn't believe how fast it was travelling!

And more "greenhouse" emissions than the City of LA in one day. LOL

In Florida before Christmas we followed a guy on a Kawasaki H1 - SMOKE and noise! (Cool bike though - in great condition!)

Ever followed a VeeDub Micro bus of 60's vintage. LOL

Ah the old 500/3, rode one once and an H2, 0 to QMC in 9.4 seconds lol, can't remember who's race bike I wheelied (accidentally) up St Marks St, scared me ,despite my "Nah, nothing to it" brave face! the S1 250 was a different thing, we did 2 up for the production TT but just not fast enough