This story seems to have gone quiet if I'm not mistaken. A little while ago a mystery artist signing her/his self as 'Questionmarc' was leaving various types of artistic 'statements' around the city and further. All the works were quite intriguing and usually had something to say, politically or otherwise.

Questionmarc was reputed to be female but otherwise nobody seemed to know much at all about this character. Any further sightings of late?

http://www.questionmarc.co.uk/

working_mens-500x632.jpg

hk2-500x333.jpg

You probably weren't aware that Nottingham is home to the UK headquarters of one of the world's largest arms manufacturers. The company is called Heckler and Koch and they are based at an unmarked warehouse on the Lenton industrial estate. This poster was designed as a subliminal awareness raiser that the corupt firm continue to operate from our city.

I didnt know that!

I've fired one anall, very little recoil, the police swear by them, it was the MOD police at Wethersfield that let me have a go, they wouldn't let me loose on their Soviet anti-tank gun though, pity, still, one of the best Scout trips I ever went on.

Why are H & K any more corrupt than the Ordnance Factory at Lenton, Bae, Vickers or any of those arms manufacturers. We know the score with Bae, no doubt the others are the same including Rolls Royce at Hucknall. To be honest, I didn't realise H & K were based in Nottingham, I assumed they were some Germanic company, no doubt an offshoot of the old ROF, whatever they are called now, didn't they used to produce all the SA 80's in Nottingham when our good old Essex Enfield factory was shut down and made into luxury apartments.

The arms business is very much a highly protected industry...too many sinister vested interests.

Just consider how many times the arms-dealing son of the Grantham Witch has gotten away with it!

Cheers

Robt P.

I'm pretty sure Heckler and Koch are still a German company based in Oberndorf, and that Lenton is their UK parts depot only (And it certainly wouldn't be an un marked warehouse on an industrial estate in Lenton as it would be a bit of an easy target don't you think ??)

HECKLER & KOCH GREAT BRITAIN

P. O. Box 7151

Nottingham NG7 2TD, Great Britain

Phone: +44 (0) 11 59 24 87 20

Fax: +44 (0) 11 59 24 87 30

enquiries@heckler-koch-uk.co

courtesy of:-

http://www.heckler-k...show/frameStart

It's probably the old Royal Ordnance warehouse. Been there for ages.

I used to deliver there for Rainbows back in the late 80's. Dunno why people make a fuss, we had Chilwell for long enough and there were all sorts of nasties in there. Oh well, any excuse for a bit of Maggie-bashing.

Small beer compared to Derby, where Rolls Royce have a factory producing nuclear reactors for submarines! Remember years ago when Comrade Bookbinder had signs made proclaiming Derby a "nuclear-free zone", till someone pointed out that a fair percentage of the city's workforce knew otherwise. Signs were amended to read "CITY of Derby" since the R-R plant was outside the city boundary!