I can't hear it!

just been sitting on the doorstep in the porch watching the lightning and the rain might cool the air down a bit for a decent nights sleep.some great thunder and sheet lightning over here in forest fields. stayed in tonight for a change need my beauty sleep turning into that frog again instead of the princess.

Yep it was a good un my Daughter isnt usually scared of storms but this one freaked her out i love em the rain came down pretty hard glad my roof dont leak lol

Didnt think it would still be thundering when i woke this morning tho......complete with torrents running down the hill and the lakeside view of the parking space at the side of the house.

In the middle of doing my place up...landscaping next week...if I can sort this out...

Main road drains won't take it.This morning came over the kerb and into my place from the road.

005-4.jpg

002-2.jpg

Sorry for your misfortune there, poohbear, that's a shocker.

Went past the perennially flooded area at the Mansfield Road/Hucknall Road junction after midnight last night and there was a lot of water on across the road. The Grosvenor had sandbags up against the front door. Anyone remember when they had rowing boats out here across the road on a previous flooding some years ago?

Remember The Grosvenor flooded one sunday afternoon prob 1970's following thunderstorm, managed to climb on windowsill and see tables floating in the lounge! Another time (earlier) recall Lincoln St under water, ditto parts of bulwell and back of Gerards soap factory where the old level crossing was, not sure if melting snow or prolonged rain, was before The Leen was ducted, bet a right "swell" on that back of gasworks etc this morning?

Re the Grosvenor and flooding in the seventies...Used to have my lad on Sundays (Seperated) Took him in pushchair to Grosvenor to get myself a pint...no kids allowed in those days but I went in the lounge which was always dead on a Sunday.They had recently done the lounge up new carpets ...the lot.

Laddo unfortunately emptied a packet of crisps on the new carpet which I cleaned up.The stuck up bar tart went on and on about it..."Crisps on the new carpet...disgusting." :glare:

Anyway....shortly afterwards the heavens opened and the valley soon flooded.The Grosvenor was soon 2 feet deep in water and sewage I had to head for the stairs with the lad and stayed there until the level dropped some hours later.

I took great pleasure in confronting the crappy barmaid and once again apologising profusely for the crisps on the carpet and assured her that when the sewage drained away I would hoover up where the crisps were dropped.Miserable cow wasn't amused.

:tease:

The Greebo's in the bar ripped off a downpipe and punted the skip out onto the road...where they got a bollocking from some firemen and punted it back in.They finished up wheeling their bikes up Hucknall Road a bit where they tipped their bikes upside down to drain the water out.

Firemen had removed the grates off the drains to aid flow...Made our day to see a cyclist plodding through the water when his front wheel went into a drain hole...poor sod...funny though,he went straight over the handlebars.:laugh:

wrer's the donkey's ????????

no dont answer that....lol

!englandflag!

002-2.jpg

You didn't do a very good job matching the fencing up D....., time you and the girlfriends got the paintbrushes out when it stops raining.

Sorry Max, but it does look a mess, and now you have the drainage job after that garage is finished being removed. !englandflag!

You didn't do a very good job matching the fencing up D....., time you and the girlfriends got the paintbrushes out when it stops raining.

That fence belongs to the council but the tight bas***** wouldn't repair it so I paid for it...they're lucky it 'aint pink with blue spots.

Who the hell's 'D'???

That fence belongs to the council but the tight bas***** wouldn't repair it so I paid for it...they're lucky it 'aint pink with blue spots.

Who the hell's 'D'???

Oh, looked like, well no worry's fence. You don't want to know who D is. !rotfl!

There's no need to be confused Fynger.. !rotfl!

That's alright then.