Hi all

ex notts gal now currently living in france with my hubby two kids and Benji my beloved staffy. went to Glen Bot, left in 66, then started work at Players in the packing department, and phew did it stink! had a couple of jobs thereafter before getting married and emigrating to abroad, love where we are, always good weather and it's nice and relaxed, not sure I would ever like to go back to the UK especially after what we see on the TV and read in the media..

are things really that bad over there? In my day it was all so nice.

ah well.

There are still good things over here...but politicians have ruined this country with stupid decisions on law and order,immigration,licencing laws, and of course the obscene wars we're involved in.Plus a few hundred others...:glare:

Recently two scumbags got jailed for killing an old man in front of his grandaughter, but will be out in two years...but a bloke that stole an early shakespeare book got eight years??????????

Hi all

ex notts gal now currently living in france with my hubby two kids and Benji my beloved staffy. went to Glen Bot, left in 66, then started work at Players in the packing department, and phew did it stink! had a couple of jobs thereafter before getting married and emigrating to abroad, love where we are, always good weather and it's nice and relaxed, not sure I would ever like to go back to the UK especially after what we see on the TV and read in the media..

are things really that bad over there? In my day it was all so nice.

ah well.

HI CHARLENE.

NOT AS BAD AS THE MEDEA MAKE OUT NOTTINGHAM STILL BASICALLY A GREAT PLACE BUT A FEW BAD APPLES IN SOME AREAS MAKE IT SOUND BAD ALL OVER AND BAD PEOPLE.

BUT THE MEDIA ALWAYS MAKE IT SOUND WORSE ANYWAY .NO ITS NEVER GOING TO BE THE SAME AS WE REMEMBER IT WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER. BUT DO WE ONLY REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES AND WHAT DID OUR ELDERS THINK OF SOME OF THE THINGS WE GOT UP TOO YOU ONLY HAVE TO LOOK AT NEWSPAPER ARCHEIVES TO SEE THIS .IE MODS AND ROCKERS A NEWS PAPER ARTICAL ON ROCKERS INVADE MABLETHORPE NOTHING LIKE WHAT WAS SAID HUNDREDS OF BIKES AND BIKERS INVADED SEASIDE TOWN FIGHTS AND DRUNKS ALL OVER TOWN PUBS RUINED BARS CLOSED.WHAT A LOAD OF RUBISH I SOULD KNOW I WAS THERE ACUALLY WE WENT ON THREE COACHES AND A FEW BIKERS CAME UP FROM SLEAFORD TO MEET UP WITH US. NO TROUBLE NO PUBS OR COACHES RUINED AS THE PAPERS HAD SAID POLICE DID NOT CLOSE THE PUB EARLY AS THE PAPERS SAIDACTUALLY FROM10.30 TILL OUR COACHES ARRIVED TO TAKE US HOME WE HAD A LOCK IN. WE EVEN HAD OR OWN BOUNCERSBARRIE PRICE BEING ONE OF THEM PLUS A COUPLE OF OTHER BOUNCERS WHO WORKED THE DOORS WITH HIM.BARRIE HAD ACTUALLY HELPED TO ORGANIZE THIS TRIP SO WHO WAS GOING TO GET OUT OF HAND WITH HIM. BUT A NICERE BLOKE YOU COULD NOT WISH TO MEET .

Hi Charlene and welcome, I woudnt bother coming back if I were you...Yes it was a nice place when we were kids but not now I fear!!

And now I am going to treat you to the only bit of French I know......

"Bisous".......Owdtite.. :unsure:

Merci!

It does seem very strange why all these third world immigrants wish to live in the UK considering the high crime rate and the lack of jobs, is it perhaps they clamour for the British climate or is it maybe for it's lush grasslands and rolling hills, either way there's certainly plenty of them on this side of the water trying to get across that channel, and they will stop at nothing in their quest.

The old French know just how to deal with them, they simply say NON when they try to impose on their country, why is it the UK doesn't say the same?

but in reality I do know the answer, and that is why I'm happy staying over here and have no plans to return, maybe I'm a pessimist but I feel very soon there's going to be one hell of mass uprising and it's not going to be pretty, I estimate the proverbial will hit the fan it around two decades when the population of the UK will reach 80 million, and then by this time the country will be totally bankrupt, and social handouts will cease - et l'agitation régnera suprême!