Meteor Shower Tonite?

You mean the Perseid Meteor Shower, happens every August about this time as earth passes through an asteroid belt. It's an amateur radio event, as the meteors ionize the atmosphere and it's possible to bounce vhf and uhf radio signals off the ionized areas.

A couple of days Mick. Never really took much notice of it and the other one we get every year either. My VHF and UHF have been confined to line of sight communications. I did once key up the space station just to see if I could.

Too much cloud up here again tonight, so thats the Northern Lights and now the meteorites that we have missed out on.....Snot fair!!!

Owdtite.... flyswat

Saw one meteorite as I lay in bed last night through the window. Got up and went outside, yep there was an aurora but barely visible, seen a few that are a lot brighter in my latitudes.

I saw one as we were putting the recycling out at about 11.30pm but it was far too cloudy to sit outside and hope for the best.