Katyjay...The Google maps show the hotel as the Commodore...and Sainsbury's next door...that threw me too...

Rob...Chick Zamick (Nottm.Panthers) lived two doors up from me on Llanberis Grove for a couple of years when I was about 12...played tennis with him on cinderhill Park a couple of times.

My childhood memories are incredible in detail which I won't bore you lot with...yet strangely later years are nowhere as precise.

Me and Billy Foster aged six round the back of a bomb shelter at school with a girl called June,exploring her knickers...Met her again aged 17,but she wouldn't repeat the experience :rolleyes:

Bought five Park Drive at Pinketts on Nuthall Road...decided a bit later to give up and stuck 'em behind a downpipe on the Aspley Cinema...two hours later changed my mind...but when I went back some thieving git had nicked 'em.

I'll shut up now.

...Rob...Chick Zamick (Nottm.Panthers) lived two doors up from me on Llanberis Grove for a couple of years when I was about 12...played tennis with him on cinderhill Park a couple of times...

Chick previously lived in a council house on Broxtowe Hall Drive...always highly regarded, by all that knew him.

Following my John Birch query, a mate informs me that the map ID could be his Indoor Cricket School, and not his home...makes sense.

Also been told that both Clownty & Florist used to own several Bar Lane properties, hence the sporting residents.

Cheers

Robt P.

...Bought five Park Drive at Pinketts on Nuthall Road...decided a bit later to give up and stuck 'em behind a downpipe on the Aspley Cinema...two hours later changed my mind...but when I went back some thieving git had nicked 'em...

Trust you were served by the delectable Olivia Pinkett...aka 'Sex on legs' !yowza!

Your fags could well have been lifted by some bloke who was eventually deported to Caithness...

Just called in my local newsagent, and was staggered to see that Parkies are now £6.63 for 20...

Pleased that I no longer partake...£6.63 x 1.5 x 365 = £3,630 per annum smokingkills

Cheers

Robt P.

I am amazed they still sell Park Drive! I bet you can't get five's anymore though!

I should think not at a 10d a pack...you may as well get Senior Service at 1/11d for 10 or you could go way over the top and go to that beer off on the Western Boulevard island and get some Black Russians.They're bound to impress the girls on Melbourne Park.

Good lad...

She mainly worked on Nuthall Road, but occasionally helped out at their Bells Lane branch.

Upon her arrival, the word would go up Tilbury Rise, Dulverton Vale, Amesbury Circus and Eltham Drive like proverbial wildfire...*

The young lads would soon gather at the shop, perhaps going in four times for items which would usually only merit one visit!

* = dramatic licence...

Cheers

Robt P.

Four Dominoes for 6d and you got 4 matches to go with them......I think a Pinkett was in my class, was his name Richard???

I can vaguely remember finding some fags down a drainpipe, was my lucky day cos I could by some lunch (at Baxters chippy) instead of buying my daily supply of nicotine!!

Anybody remember our school secretary...Mrs Smith later Mrs Sheldon? She lived in the house next door to the Jet station on Nuthall Rd!!....Every young schoolboys fantasy she was!!

Owdtite..aka = Owdevil!!!

Beat ya rotten there mate...I was pals with her daughter Suzanne.She was a Tommy steel fan and the first time I heard the words Rock n Roll was when she mentioned it to me.The jet station was Swan Garage in those days.Now of course lotsa little houses.

:tease:

Beat ya rotten there mate...I was pals with her daughter Suzanne.She was a Tommy steel fan and the first time I heard the words Rock n Roll was when she mentioned it to me.The jet station was Swan Garage in those days.Now of course lotsa little houses.

:tease:

You lucky Lad Pooh, the only time I got close to her was on my daily visit to get the punishment book off her after I had been leathered!! Didnt she marry Richard Sheldon's Dad? He was in my class as well..(Richard, not his Dad..LOL).. I remember she used to cycle to school and she had the most perfect legs...(OK, i'm going to stop now, getting a bit carried away!)..

:wub::wub: Owdtite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...