.........went to see the film Made in Dagenham, last night. Growing up in the sixties and being the rebel i was then,the film made me realise how times have changed....those Ford workers in east London, really cemented the path that the Pankhurst sisters had started all those years ago.......I wonder what the next generation of women will change about the way we live our lives ?.......................

It doesn't open here 'till November 19th - and like all good British films (The Full Monty comes to mind), will probably be ignored by the major theatre chains meaning I might have to wait for the DVD!

I have it on the lap top and am going to watch it tomnight with SWMBO, I'll let you know what I thought of it tomorrow

I can still remember the starter motor on those things.

Lived on Wilford Crescent West in those days.

Had one a few doors down.

Early starts of a cold winter morning, didn't need an alarm clock!

You always knew it was a ford starting up.

When I was 'Plating Cars' about 15 years ago, I had to pick a "Tester" up from Fords at Dagenham and take it to the Auctions at Netherfield.

It turned out to be a 3.5 litre Transit petrol turbo built as a 'crew bus'. I came out of Dagenham and as I hit the M25 I floored it . Damned thing spluttered to a halt in a cloud of smoke, popped the bonnet to find a linkage had come adrift , so I managed to codge it up and proceeded to head home.

I got into the safe zone (M1 between Newport Pagnall and Watford Gap) and on a good clear stretch (Yup we used to have them back then) I gave it what for!! Jesus H Christ , the bloody thing started to wheelie , I kid you not, 75 MPH and the front end is leaving the deck!! I realise now why it never went into production and to this day (As far as I know) it was the only one they made!

I just wish I'd had the dosh to have bought it !!

The old 'Dagenham Dustbin'...had two of them,one an estate.Damn thing wouldn't start one day,a local mechanic reached in,flicked a switch and it then fired up.The switch was there to light up the two offside lights as a power saver when parking lights were the norm.It seems they also had a gismo fitted that stopped you starting up while the switch was in the 'on' position,so you couldn't drive off with only two lights on.