See you in March?

I got a taste for "Hemlock Bitter" last time. Not fond of a Weatherspoons for drinking - but it is fine for dinner first.

What does the Trip have for beers these days? There is always the Bell, or the Salutation? Problem with the Trip is very limited seating space.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Trip did a lovely pint of , funnily enough, "Owd Trip" but it isn't made here any more ( don't tell Firbeck , but it's Greene King)

Not far off! I don't use mine much, so it is parked outside but Mary's lives in the garage, so no problem. Biggest issue is clearing snow from the driveway - but I have a 24" two-stage snow thrower for that task! Still takes 30 to 45 minutes!

Can we settle on a pub decision - my vote is now for the Bell - as they do sell food too. Nothing against the Weatherspoons place - but it looks like it lacks a little in "Nottstalgia" atmosphere!

The Bell it is then. About 7:00pm?

Can anybody give me a lift back from Nottm. to the Holiday Inn on Bostocks Lane?

I was planning to get a train into Nottingham and back otherwise I would?

What about getting the train with me and a Cab from the station?

I could pick you up and drop the car back at home before catching the train.

We could have a quick one locally whilst waiting? :)

Sounds perfect to me Mick! Thank you!

Let me know what time - and send me a phone number to contact you. I expect I will have a phone - but I don't know what the number will be!

I know Beefy - I was planning on going in to town on one, but the service along Derby Road in Sandiacre was never very frequent, and I have no idea when the last bus goes that way, so I thought I would enquire about an alternative!

Checked the Trent-Barton timetable - actually, getting back isn't too bad - buses at 10:00 and 11:00pm. Getting into Nottm isn't bad if I walk down the hill into Sandiacre - a bus every 10 mins!

Phone boxes....

'Aven't seen one in years - and last time I tried to use one, it refused to take me money! I gave up in frustration! For ten quid I can get a SIM card for me phone that'll cover me for a week!

Stu: Yeah mate! Looking forward to seeing you (and the rest of 'em) again!

Starting to sound like a good attendance, will the bar be big enough, or should we bring our own chairs??

Been in there three times this week, Beefy. Can confirm there's plenty of Nottstalgia room! Nice pint of Aspall Suffolk cider to be had in there for those of that taste. The food is very reasonably priced too for those wanting a nosebag.