See you in March?

I have just booked a visit at the beginning of March. Not sure of my itinerary yet, but could be available for a "meet up" on either Friday, March 4th, or Saturday the 5th. I will be arriving in the U.K. on the 1st, staying in London one night, then driving to my sister's near Cambridge - then up to my other sister in Retford and returning to London on the 8th.

Probably best to figure out a location by PM - but let me know what you all prefer!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try , but I can't promise owt . SWMBO has no holiday left till April now and she works late on Fridays and Saturdays!! (Bloody daft as this time last year she still had 3 weeks to take !!)

Change of plans. Since I will be visiting Long Eaton on the 2nd or 3rd (or both), how about we meet up on the evening of Wednesday 2nd or Thursday 3rd.

Let me know ASAP so I can arrange meetings and accomodation!

It may be easier for me to get over on the Wednesday night as SWMBO is usually off work on Wednesday and Thursday (But I'll have to drive home on the Thursday so Wednesday is best for me)

Woo hooo! Then let's make it Wednesday evening, March 2nd! Now pick a location! Beefy has an idea for a dinner meet (which I will need), but after that it is up for grabs - suggestions please...

FINALLY - I will get to meet Mick!

Maybe one day I'll get to meet Mick when he's on one of his trips over here.

I did think of the pub on the square , is it The Bank. That is next door to Burtons Taylors or there's the Weatherspoons over by Exchange walk (The name escapes me ) We could get a bite to eat there at a reasonable (For the UK) price

FOOD and Drink sounds good.

How about starting at the Balti House?

Sam would look after us, Two courses about 7 quid?

Or there is Red Hot Buffet on Hockley, (As much as you care to eat. for about £9)

We have to remember Kevs diet?

Well (With due respect) I was thinking of everybody , not everyone likes a curry!! and not everybody will want to eat! but in the two I mentioned you can still have a beer , and there's curry on the menu!!

I'm with Kev!

Weatherspoons will be O.K. for food - but not for beer!

I think the one on the market place is "The Joseph Else" - which will work for me. Give me a time.

Evening beer is still up for grabs. Walking distance of the square preferably, but am open to all options.

It'll be too busy Kev , and we want a bite to eat (At a reasonable price) too.

The Joseph Else sounds good to me.

What's wrong with the beer in Weatherspoons?? I never have a problem with the one over here, there's always a great choice of real ales and lagers.