Request from another forum.

Can anyone get any up to date Photographs of Epperstone Manor?

The former Training School for Nottinghamshire Police.

Hi,

If any of you Guys have got a spare minute and a good camera I would love to see what Epperstone Manor and the grounds look like now they have been built on.

I put Epperstone Manor in the search engine and lots of houses for sale came up, but also a pic of the Manor which looks like it's had a lick of paint since it belonged to the police.

Amazing what happens when you have broadband!

I could have done this on dial up, except I'd have played lots of solitaire games while the pages were downloading. Maybe even gone away from the computer to make a coffee or a sandwich!

• 2 months later...

Hi

The old manor used to belong to the sampsons i think... long before the notts police... i was looking for folk in the churchyard in the spring and nothing much has been done with the building much then...

I walked through the area to the back of the manor last week when on the way from Shelt Hill, Woodborough to the main street at Epperstone. To the rear, the old cricket pitch is long gone with just a ramshackle pavilion left as a reminder. Some of the land there is being used to grow turf for sale. It's still a pretty meadow but blighted by just behind the manor by the work which still appears to be in process or in need of clearing up afterwards

Before they began refurbishing the manor, I took a peak around some of the ancillary buildings which had been left open and unlocked. There was quite a bit of old police equipment dumped in there including, if I recall correctly, some shields etc.

Will try and get some pics the next time I'm passing.