The howling wind, the sound of the tempestuous sea as it smashes its way into the bathing huts, the tumbleweed bestrewn High street, and the constant screeching of the wind generators as they grind and gnash their weary way..

all a far cry from the summer months when the bustling crowds could be seen merrily wending their way through the bazaars in search of super glue, designer underwear, and nougat ..

now, the only solace is the local Lidl supermarket, a place to stock up on that much needed tallow, cupcakes and seal fur, all so vitally needed if one is to survive the long arduous winter months that lie ahead..

also a place where the locals can huddle together as they reassure themselves that theirs is not the only lifeform that exists in Mablethorpe at this bleak and dismal time of year.

post-25-1134153838_thumb.gif

The howling wind, the sound of the tempestuous sea as it smashes its way into the bathing huts, the tumbleweed bestrewn  High street, and the constant screeching of the wind generators as they grind and gnash their weary way..

all a far cry from the summer months when  the bustling crowds could be seen merrily wending their way through the bazaars in search of super glue, designer underwear, and nougat ..

now, the only solace is the local Lidl supermarket, a place to stock up on that much needed  tallow, cupcakes and seal fur, all so vitally needed if one is to survive the long arduous winter months that lie ahead..

also a place where the locals can huddle together as they reassure themselves that theirs is not the only lifeform that exists in Mablethorpe at this bleak and dismal time of year. 

OMG!! wait until Smithylass reads that, you are in BIG trouble matey Friends

ilkolad Posted: Oct 6 2005, 08:14 PM  

The howling wind, the sound of the tempestuous sea as it smashes its way into the bathing huts, the tumbleweed bestrewn High street, and the constant screeching of the wind generators as they grind and gnash their weary way..

all a far cry from the summer months when the bustling crowds could be seen merrily wending their way through the bazaars in search of super glue, designer underwear, and nougat ..

now, the only solace is the local Lidl supermarket, a place to stock up on that much needed tallow, cupcakes and seal fur, all so vitally needed if one is to survive the long arduous winter months that lie ahead..

crazy I was just thinking that at last they have got my medication right and i went and read that, now i'm thinking i'm back at square one again, HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP.

Friends Ilko has anybody told you that you have away with words. Friends

Guest smithylass

Oh dear you know there are some sad old folk around ilkolad being one.....

We actually love this time of year all the weirdo holidays makers and Notts folk go home...leaving our town nice again...

You can tell the Holiday folk....their the ones that q to cash their dole cheque at our local post office...and the ones that stock up on lidl food as it looks like you dont have supermarkets where you live....you know ilkolad you know a lot about lidl to say you dont like it or shop there...you see maybe your one of the holiday makers that come here...u know the sort sad OAP,s

the "locals" dont actually shop "local" very often we are more classy and prefer sainsburys etc....however saying that we do support our local shopkeepers thats if they have recovered from the verbal abuse most of the holiday makers give them.

Its clear most of them leave there brains behind when they pack there case to come here

Now let me think...Nottingham....ummmmm masses of asylum seekers.....shootings most days.....MANY scruffy areas.....and winos in the market square....

Mabo...the sea 2 mins in one direction...the country in the other oh yes and not forgetting lidl...if of course all the holiday folk havent stocked up before they go home....

I visit"your" part of the country a lot we have rellies there...always come home with a sore arm though...you know cos i have had to hold on to my bag so tight in fear of it being nicked whilst looking round your lovely city...

oh yes and most importantly.....my children are safe....now what i can say is ,is it possible to walk around some Nottm estates after dark...

ummm NO....

think i know where i would rather be.....

anyway ilkolad you go rest now after reading my post bet your shattered ...i dont know you old uns wont give in gracefully will you.

Right then! .. after that orrible tirade I'm going to take my money elsewhere next year, and it's no use apologising cos my mind is made up!

an am tellin' all me mates what yo've said as well .. that Post Office is going to wonder what's happened next summer when non of us ode codgers turn up to cash our pensions .. you'll soon realise who kept the place going! .. you're all DOOMED! .. DOOMED!

and another thing... they've plans to erect another two hundred and fifty wind generators on that field by the end of 2006 .. you'll all be wearing scarfs and walking at jaunty angles to just counteract the backdraught!... it's not for me!

HELLO SKEG, that's what I say!

post-25-1134184113_thumb.gif

Guest smithylass
and another thing... they've plans to erect another two hundred and fifty wind generators on that field by the end of 2006 .. you'll all be wearing scarfs and walking at jaunty angles to just counteract the backdraught!... .. .. HELLO SKEG, that's what I say!

what do you mean we will be walking at jaunty angles...WE HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS victory

There is always Anderby Creek and the car promenade. These oldies can all creek together ar Anderby Creek.

By the way, don't go in the restaraunt in the car park, we did and we wondered why we were treated with such reverence when we ordered a meal for two adults and two children. Thought how nice and polite the service was but couldn't understand why the clientel were all eating bowls of soup. I thought it was a denture problem they had, then we got the bill...

A crazy crazy

There is always Anderby Creek and the car promenade.  These oldies can all creek together ar Anderby Creek.

By the way, don't go in the restaraunt in the car park, we did and we wondered why we were treated with such reverence when we ordered a meal for two adults and two children.  Thought how nice and polite the service was but couldn't understand why the clientel were all eating bowls of soup.  I thought it was a denture problem they had, then we got the bill...

A crazy  crazy

That cafe was known as Leatherlands back in the mid sixties.. we would spend many an hour in there slurping large quantities of tea after long stints on the beach, shouting "DONKEY RIDES A TANNER" and pushing the little irks in their swingboats!

back then, Anderby Creek was a very busy place, the beach at times would be crowded .. strange, nowadays it's a mere ghost town.

My sister has just left my house and gone back to Skegness on the train, she lives on Roman Bank abouttime . I would dearly love to move there some time before I throw off this mortal coil. I love the East Coast and especially Skegness and the surrounding area. I have wanted to move for years but events in the family have always held us up.

One day, just you wait...

A

Back in the early seventies, I wokked we a bloke oo tuk is missiz ter Theddlethorpe fer their unymoon!

We all thought it was a bit of a laugh until a bunch on us went a year after and realised the value of coastal peace. Good luck to you in that venture.

However.

Bad luck in your other venture; it's been nearly a week now. Even Adolf would've taken DAS KAPITAL back before Fridee.

Get a grip. I think it's because you've been sprinkling too much radioactive bonemeal on yer donkey's chips.

The Actual Vindicated

Relocation tips

it's quite easy to do! .. all you need is an old caravan, and park it in a layby of your selection in the Skegness or surrounding area.. make sure you have sold your house and your car, and this is your only form of accomodation. thus when the authorities try to move you on, you simply declare you have fell on hard times and have nowhere else to go.. it will take about six months and a lot of aggro, but eventually the council will yield and find you accomodation! - et voila!

hypothetical ??? - think again!

To date, I've been trying to get to australia for about the last two decades of my life now, and every time I go to buy the ticket, them same seven words from the travel agent rattle me into changing my mind:

"YEP - IT'S STILL FULL OF aUSTRALIANS!"

'OOOOO - AN IT MEKKS MEE WU - HUNDERRR?"

Is it true that the safest place to hide yer jewellery in an australian house is under the soap?

The Actual Little Bogger

We used to do that with my youngest son. Keep anything hidden from him and under the soap was always best. Now everything he does in my house when he comes to see us, starts in the fridge. He always says there are much more exciting things in my frisge than in his.

I think I would prefer Segness to Australia, no snakes and no funnel webs...

A compusmashgirlvboy

How do I get these other emoticons on to my pc so I can send them to my grand kids?

Guest smithylass

if you right click on them and click on where it says SAVE PICTURE AS....then save them to your prefered folder...

then you can e mail them to your grandchildren as an attachment.

!cheers!

or you can again right click and E MAIL PICTURE.