Any body fancy a bargain ?

I know it's not Notts related , but I've just had a knock on the door , it was todays post , in it was a parcel I ordered from Amazon only on Saturday !! (I could have paid an extra fiver to garuantee Tuesday noon delivery ! but as I wasn't in a rush I decidec to have it delivered for free , and it still turns up by noon on Tuesday, go figure!

Anyway, the bargain ??

The complete Harry Potter film collection on Blueray for £32.30p That's all 8 films on 11 discs !!

I've just sold the first 6 films that we had in a 6 disc box set on DVD, for 12 quid !!

I know what you mean !

I won that Blueray player a few months back , it's been used just once, to watch a bloody ordinary DVD!!! I still have two of the 5 discs that I won, unwatched (Sold the other three!) any new films get watched via a (cough cough) 'different ' medium.

But SWMBO decided she wanted the new box set of the last two films in the series on DVD, turns out they are 8 quid and 12 quid respectively,as I was looking for them I found the full collection box set for 32 quid and flogged the others sharpish, it's cost me 30p for 11 Bluerays ......LOL

Got a mystery parcel delivered last week via TNT, no name but my address and post code, packet covered with HP logos, thought either a bottle of sauce or something computer related! as laptop is HP maybe some update discs etc? so signed for it. Guessed correctly but some "industrial" type of thing not meant for me, took about 4 phone calls to convince the sender (a firm) I hadn't ordered it but eventually TNT came back to collect and deliver it back to Birmingham to be sent out again via another lorry to the finally traced firm who ordered it in Mansfield, still none the wiser how our address etc got there!

Unsolicited Goods.

If not collected when you notified the sender, you would have a right to keep it.

A real bargain even if it was of no use to you?

yes know of unsolicited goods act, tried to find ways to make it work for me ! lol but guess this was some gen mistake somewhere along the line? over the years many former residents of our now home so best guess one maybe gave address years past for a delivery? it's 2nd one I've had thus, first one I just told driver "wrong address" wish had done simlar this one!

My new Blueray player hooks me up to the internet with Netflix Hulu & a bunch of free movie sites Like Crackle & 5000 free movies

Hasnt played a Blueray yet Lol

I think netflix streaming is coming to you guys soon, its good i can watch almost any british shows like faulty towers, all creatures ,rising damp etc all episodes. It streams to all of your devices like Tv,Computers & smartphones different shows on each . $7.95pm for the service here

Hulu & Crackle are free ,Hulu plus is $7.95 pm

We dont rent Dvd's anymore ,

Watched a british movie called Bronson what a nutter that guy is.Supposed to be true but i cant remember him.

Ayup Derek, how does it connect to the PC , is it via a cable or through the Wi Fi ??

Bronson is a true story , he's still in now !! Don't know if the film mentioned that "Charles Bronson" wasn't his real name by the way !

Ayup Derek, how does it connect to the PC , is it via a cable or through the Wi Fi ??

Bronson is a true story , he's still in now !! Don't know if the film mentioned that "Charles Bronson" wasn't his real name by the way !

WiFi built in. If you buy a cheaper one like i did that has a USB type WiFi you have to buy the Sony USB adapter or the way i do it is a powerline ethernet connection that dosnt have to be used only for the blueray & was the same price anyway but with 4 ethernet outs (HP Powerline)

One scary guy my wife made me turn it off i had to watch it later lol

Dammit!

Missed it, beefsteak will kill me!

Must read emails earlier!

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/nottingham/the-petwood-hotel/1858200?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_335&a=63

One Night Stay For Two With Evening Meal and Breakfast Plus Glass of Bubbly Each and Chocolates on Arrival for £69 at Petwood Hotel (Up to 60% Off)

Country breaks are enjoyed by couples, families, and tractors on a slippery slope. Tow yourself away with today’s Groupon: £69 for a one night stay with evening meal, breakfast and a glass of bubbly each and chocolates on arrival at the Petwood Hotel. The former Officers’ Mess...

Mick, In relation to your blue ray player & having no BR DVD's to watch.. Have a look on Play.com, iv seen a few on there for a 5er with free delivery! Bargain!

..Play.com are doing hundreds of items £5 with free delivery for christmas, takes 3-5 for items to be delivered.

My bargain of this week? Spent £50 on the boots website, got the delivery, looked in the box to everything (almost) In broken packaging, rang them up & they let me keep all the items under £10 & sent me free replacements and emailed me something to print off to take into store for the more expensive items to get exchanged. Bargain, a few people are getting the same items as each other this year & a couple of goodies for myself for all my 'hard' work :P

• Upvote 1

I saw that one Mick , but SWMBO didn't like the idea of " Going away without the kids"

I had thought of telling Rog , but seeing as how he works just down the road from there I thought better of it.........LOL

• 2 weeks later...

This would have been a bargain! Not my thing at all. but my son saw a new 20i2 number plate at DVLA site for sale that spells our surname (with a 12 looking like an "R") priced at £800, I would not have thought it that popular? but 20 mins after "shop opened" Dec 1st it had sold, within days was up for sale again at a dealers for £5000, sold again, and is now at another dealers for sale at £18,000! all within 19 days! so much for government valuations!

My reg which spells out my last name exactly without doctoring the letters, spells out my name exactly.

At minimum price for a plate at that time (2003) £250 :)

My reg which spells out my last name exactly without doctoring the letters, spells out my name exactly.

At minimum price for a plate at that time (2003) £250 :)

Does it spell out your name exactly or what?

I saw F1 ANS (F IAN S) on a car in around 1994 and kept looking for one every year after but couldnever find the next years issue. I later found out that they never had released that plate in the first place and I'd seen a 'ringer' on the road !!

Do you know I bought a BluRay player over a year ago and never got it out of the box. Got no BR DVDs!

You should - even regular DVD's look better on a BluRay player - 'cause it's an "upconverter" - it plays the movies in higher resolution. Some regular DVD players did that too - but not many, and they were expensive.

It amazes me how much BluRay players have come down in price - two years ago they were $300. Now I can buy one that also does internet apps, streaming Netflix, etc for about $100!

• Upvote 1