5 days to go...

5 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS.

5 MORE DAYS TILL THE BIG FAT FELLA COMES DOWN OUR CHIMNEYS, DRINKS OUR BEER, EATS OUR PIES & LEAVES US PRESENTS..

5 MORE DAYS TILL SANTA!!

...Is everyone sorted for it?

i still have 3/4 more pressents to buy!! EEEEK.. Might have to run to tesco tonight, there doing 3 for 2 on gift sets *pheww*

Snap! The heating allways has to be on cos of baby and it's so bloody expensive. I look forward to Christmas because it seems that it's the only time all of our family have a proper get together

Dislike the fuss and consumerism around Christmas. It's also a very difficult time for many people and that always has to be remembered. Some people's expectations can become so heightened too, leading to unhappiness . I do however enjoy the message behind Christmas and will celebrate that at the Cathedral, as always.

For the past few years we have as a family donated the money that would have been spent on useless 3 for 2 presents, to charity..... Usually framework...it cuts out a lot of time and effort and someone who really needs it is gaining from it.......

I love Christmas, always have, from the childhood days , to the Christmas P155 up in my adolescance , to now, watching the kids get all excited on the lead up to the 'big day' and the wonderment on their cherubic little faces as they open the presents. I love the fact that our Charlotte always seems so grateful for absolutely anything she recieves, be it a pencil or a bicycle ! Our Adam still has the little glint of wonderment in his eyes too .

I also love the fact that they both (At the ages of 8 and 5 repectively ) still believe in Father Christmas, I know my sister spoilt it for me when I was 5 , but then again it seems in hind sight , she's spent most of her life spoiling things for me , (It's just taken me 50 years to realise it !!)

My one pet hate at Christmas And this is going to sound selfish I know, but it's the "What do you want for Christmas" that you get from October onwards, I like surprises !!! I do drop a few hints ( You know Bughatti Veyron here, Eurofighter Typhoon there, LOL ) but I never seem to get owt I want ,

And regardless of spending a fortune on everybody else, (For example last year I gave my sister a 100 quid wine voucher and my brother and his wife got a new 6 man tent that I know they'd been hanging their noses over after seeing ours) I get in return some cuff links from my sister (Nobody noticed I stopped wearing those kind of shirts just after we got married 12 years ago !) and a mug in the shape of a toilet from my brother and his wife (Don't know whether he was trying to tell me something but he didn't even get me a present for my fiftieth birthday !!!)

Nobody seems to think "Now what does Ian like to do as a pastime/ hobby ? I know Computing, Photography and Fishing , I'll get him something to do with that "

Anyway, I've got my revenge in this year, my sister has got pot plant and my brother has got eff all Ha Ha!!

(Still got my mum some nice goodies though)

• Upvote 1

Makes all the difference when you have family...I won't see a living soul as usual...my lads in Oz now,so it's just me and the dogs.

All I want for Chrimbo is these soddin' emoticons to stop mucking about...sometimes they're working ...now they aint.I know I'll bring one from Photobucket....

09dc310a.gif

I allways give to charity every christmas..I have a big sort out of old clothes etc & take them to a charity shop like sue ryder, This year i have also donated £5 to the text santa charity. I allways put what i can into charity as well as into presents for friends & family, theres people out there who dont get to celebrate christmas, The poor, ill and homeless.. they shouldnt be too far from our thoughts every year.. Alot of people take presents and good food for granted

Xmastime here in the far north is always cold and usually snowy - sounds great but the heating bills take the edge off it. The bonus is that living so close to Santa one is always sure that he'll reach us before foul weather can turn him back :o) SWMBO never, ever, buys me what I ask for; for months beforehand she is asking "What would you l like, etc" and I always tell her. Then she goes out and gets something different. Well this year I have been out and bought the things I want and given them to her to wrap as a surprise - so I should be ok :o) she, on the other hand, always says "Surprise me" and I really hate that - after 20yrs of surprise Xmas and birthday gifts it becomes difficult to find something different :o( Roll on summer!

The tragedy is that the "Sit by the fire with the dog" pubs were real traditional pubs - the modern 'Traditional' pubs that replaced them are anything but traditional.

The Bluebell at Tattershall Thorpe (Which we should all know of by now !!, if not , why not?) Has a brilliant open fire with the little benches to the sides. And he's just done it up .....LOL

Just changing the subject.. BNQ are doing 75% off all christmas stuff if anyone needs anything.. i got a tree 7ft for £12 & 30quids worth of decs for £4!

I used to like that place 20 odd years ago when the restaurant was just a snug...I bet it still gets busy at night.Terrible location to park at when it does.It always did have character though,unlike some.