Lancaster PM-M City of Lincoln

I have cleared the attic and look what I found.

A print of the aircraft.

Unlike this one mine is signed by the Crew together with their position.

I always thought the signitures were part of the print but it appears they are in pencil.

The print is dated May 1988.

Might be woth summat one day?

15sp.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can't alter the names of what has been alive and is no longer with us. The dog's name was Nigger and nothing can change that.

I have attached this picture of City of Lincoln in another guise that being Mickey the Moocher another 617 sqn aircraft, the reason for this post apart from more nose art is last Friday myself and a m

All those little details that members of the public wouldn't understand. I often pass through parts of Lincolnshire where those bombers operated from. I try to imagine what it was like living around

The BBMF Lancaster has "City of Lincoln on one side and "Spirit of the Rhur on the other (Tell you the full story later , SWMBO is calling some help wrapping presents !!)

• 2 weeks later...

They change the name and number of the City of Lincoln every now and again, I think you one you have Mick came from the late 70s early 80s and the correct number was PM-M2 looked like PM-M squared if you know what I mean, either just before or just after that number was used it used the markings AJ-G as in the Dambusters Guy Gibsons plane, I have also seen it in the markings of

J- Johnny as in Johnny Walker complete with the Scotch whiskey logo and Mickey the Moocher with a picture of Mickey Mouse on the front but cant remember their numbers, I have some pics somewhere I'll try and find them, as Ian said the current one is "Phantom of the Rhure"

Rog

heres my airfix version built in the mid nineties, a little bit battered and being used as a donor for a manchester conversion I'm building -

6zvk9e.jpg

i have another BBMF lanc unbuilt which is part of a set comprising the lanc, spitfire and hurricane, strangely enough bought about two hours after these photos were taken at the east kirkby air museum!

4ila3n.jpg

4rsx28.jpg

Here's the paint scheme from last 'season' at Waddington after another great day out with Plantfit

6665644033_123d4db759_b.jpg

• 4 months later...

Poor quality picture of Mickey the Moocher, city of lincoln in another guise

Lancaster07.jpg

Rog

, I have a picture of her in the J johnny (Johnny Walker) paint scheme I'll have a look for it

Rog,

What a shane Jane don't fly anymore, is it just an insurance or mechanical issue? I should have asked when visiting last year.

Self & SWMBO off to stay at Petwood next week, soak up the Dambusters atmosphere hopefully......................... slywink

What day are you there Paulus, me and Rog (Plantfit) will be there on Wednesday 6th June. It'd be nice to grab a brew in the Dambusters Room at "The Petwood"

(or do you mean you'll be there this week?)

There's all sorts of issues with "Just Jane" and her not flying, she's capable of it, but needs a few bit's and bob's to gaurantee her airworthyness long term.

I'm only a couple of miles from the Petwood every day of the week, Paulus, a visit to Thorpe camp and the Blue Bell is a must, Thorpe camp open on Wednesdays

Rog

Beefsteak/Plantfit, we arrive on Friday 8th & depart Sunday 10th

We'll make sure we leave you a pint in behind the bar............................................. slywink

Has "Just Jane" ever flown since her restoration? I know it was VERY close to airworthy several years ago, but for some reason the owner(s) seemed reluctant to go the final step. Such a pity as they are magnificent to see and hear. I have seen the Lanc that belongs to the Canadian Warplane Museum in the air on several occasions - including watching several take-offs and landings. Spectacular - and makes you realize how brave the lads were that flew them in anger - the B17 crews too, come to that!

She's taken off a couple of times (By complete and utter , utter , utter fluke ) after she's caught a mysterious head wind during fast taxy runs, but only a short hop or two , nowt to shout about though.

As far as I know it's not the Panton Brothers who are stalling (Can you see what i did there ?) on getting her airworthy , it seems to be the CAA who are reluctant to give her an airworthyness certificate, although i may be wrong , it's just what I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll make sure we leave you a pint in behind the bar................

Beefsteak, made enquiries with staff at the Petwood, seems like you forgot to leave the above................................however I've also settled your outstanding Bar Tab, you must have been very thirsty chaps ........................ :)

Thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere of the Petwood, in particular the Dambusters room with all the memorabilia, what a history the place has including being a 'hospital' of sorts in 1918...........

Talking of Lancasters, I looked out of my window this afternoon and saw this -

7388869788_23c4fe3461_d.jpg

Fortunately, I was cleaning my camera at the time and managed to get a quick shot. I think it was heading to the Arnold Carnival.

It may have done a fly through there Pete, as (I think) it was on it's way through to RAF Cosford Airshow today.

Sorry I missed that post Paulus.

Nowt to do with this sworn teetotaller !!............................................ slywink

And yes it truelly is a great place and well worth a visit.

I'm going to try and put a trip together to include the Petwood, RAF Waddington, RAF Coningsby (BBMF), Blue Bell Pub (More Dambusters stuff) and hopefully on base at RAF Scampton too 617 sdn museum and home to "The Red Arrows"

It wont be till the end of August/ early September as I have to call in a couple of favours etc

But if any one is interested let me know and I'll see what we can do