Hello everyone. I'm a new member with an interest in the old buildings of Nottingham, Nottingham architects and general history, especially of the Lace Market area. I look forward to taking part in the forums. My all time favourite British film is " Saturday Night and Sunday Morning ". I can remember the tales my Dad told me of the time he worked at Raleigh, around the time the film was shot.

Hello and welcome onboard Gibbo, don't forget to post your memories

Better still get your dad on here too

Welcome Gibbo

Look forward to hearing from you.

You will find lots here about Notts buildings.

Use the advanced search which is the small cog next to the search box top right of each page.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Unfortunately my Dad passed away years ago MEGA, but he left me plenty of memories of growing up in the old Sneinton area in the 40's and 50's.

Sorry to hear that Gibbo , and I appologise if it's brought you any upset.

I did think at the time of posting that he may no longer be with us, but you never know!

That's alreet Beefsteak ( just noticed this is your name!, oh well, just getting started eh !! ). I notice you're a fellow Pie, well done chap!!

As is Ashley, Lynmee, and one or two others !! (We seem to outnumber those Florists at the moment ......LOL)

There are a few threads re "Those Mighty Pies" on here

http://nottstalgia.c...hp?showforum=39

Hello Den. I've lived in Calverton for about 25 years now, after marrying a local lass. I'm originally from West Bridgford.

Welcome Gibbo i used to live on Labray Road i think they used to call it Concrete Canyon old pit houses this was in the 1970s

lived in Calverton for about 25 years now, after marrying a local lass.

25 years ago?

If you married the School Caretakers daughter, I took your wedding photographs.

If i remember right i think my number was 56, Labray Road was square shaped and my house was on the extreme right as you looked down

MY SISTER LIVED ON CROOKDOLE LANE FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND WORKED IN THE GROCER GRENCROCERS ON THE SQUARE FOR MANY YEARS. HER NAME IS PAULINE.