Lincolnshire Poacher

Reminds me of the time I got a write up in "Mix Mag" Whilst I was out in Ibiza (A magazine for the 'Party goers') http://www.mixmag.net/

"Next time you're round the 'Bay area' check out "Bar Active" and DJ Ian, he's quite good "

I never saw a reporter all the time I was there, although they did film us for the TV show "Ibiza uncovered"

A Nottingham pub, The Lincolnshire Poacher, received a nice write up in The Daily Telegraph no less at the weekend.

Contrary to what it says in the review, the landlady claims she ever at all spoke to the reviewer!

Pint to pint: The Lincolnshire Poacher, Nottingham

Was in the Lincolnshire Poacher on Friday(10th)two pints of Elsie Mo.

Then off to The Vat and Fiddle.

Was in the Lincolnshire Poacher on Friday(10th)two pints of Elsie Mo.

I quite like Elsie Mo, but cant stand that other beer that looks and tastes like wee!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Not sure if I've posted this before, apologies if so.

A while back I managed a little visit below the Lincolnshire Poacher into the two storeys of caves they use to keep the beer in. I've since learnt that nearly always, these types of caves underneath Nottingham pubs are hand-carved specifically for purpose.

An account and some further pics here:

Nottinghamshire History: The Lincolnshire Poacher

imag1068.jpg

• Upvote 1

At the meeting at the Lime Kiln, I had a pint of Mansfield Ale - donkeys' years since last did, and thought it was finished as a brew. It was absolutely gorgeous, with a creamy head that stayed with it most of the way down. Catfan said that they kept a good cellar there, and I can believe it. Before you ask - yes I tried the Hobgoblin. OK but wasn't as good as the Mansfield. Next time you are over here, Ian, try the Mansfield there.