Odd Parasite On Leaves.

I spotted these yesterday and went and took a photo of them today. I've never seen a parasite like this before, looks like a flower growing out of the leaves, it's not an insect, it's definitely a plant type of parasite.

DSC_0100leafparasite02.jpg

DSC_0099LeafParasite03.jpg

No, they are wild Triffid trees...LOL Never seen anything like them, they are dying now, and about 3/4 of an inch long.

And scary................in any garden there's always something new &^ fascinating to observe, living on the South Coast I'm always encountering some new type of bug, caterpillar or parasite appearing in the garden............

.I blame the French!! Mon Dieu!! Whatever that means....................

Sweet sumac I think Mick, I'll have a good look later, never took much notice. It is in a stand of Black Walnuts, so could well be one of those.

I know it's not Hickory, they have very large leaves, can't mistake those.

There are some Black Walnuts near the chicken coop that look like they under attack from something, don't know if they are animal or veggie yet though.

The native trees around me on my land are Black Walnuts, Red Oaks, Hickory, Dogwoods, Cedar and Sweet Sumac.

Some mean bugs around here Paulus, some very nasty and irate Centipedes that can grow quite large and have a pretty nasty bite if disturbed, not a bug, but just saw the largest black snake in my workshop, looks like it's had a meal of two mice by the bulges in it's body.

Jackson...............you're so right, but it can be a spooky old place if you're out when the mist drifts in............my vivid imagination conjures up visions & sounds of the Scarecrow himself!! :Vampire:

I've not lived in Nottingham in over 37 years now Paulus.

We have Whipper Wills making a racket at night, might give you a clue...

it looks a bit like an orchid could it be a little known varity of orchids that use trees and other plants as a host

No it's not an orchid, I'd spring for some kind of fungus growth, I did a search and couldn't find anything like it, it's deffo on a Sweet Sumac tree leaf and it is growing out of the leaf.