With the price of booze and tobacco being mention in other threads and the illicit Factories for making black market substitutes being found all over the country I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing the violence that goes along with it, or are we seeing it already!.

Whenever taxes exceed sensible levels a black market is created. This invariably leads to gang warfare and other such violent stuff. When will our government learn that overtaxing costs not only the exchequer but also the lives and welfare of people too.

Whenever taxes exceed sensible levels a black market is created. This invariably leads to gang warfare and other such violent stuff. When will our government learn that overtaxing costs not only the exchequer but also the lives and welfare of people too.

When politicians come down from their ivory towers and start doing the job that they were elected for..............representing the best interests and needs of the electors who put them there for just that reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ours down here are the same once they get in; all promises out of the window and representation of the minority because it is for our good. Bullshite! We are about to get lumbered with a Carbon Tax in July that will make Oz the highest taxed in the world and this is by a PM who stated 'No carbon tax while I'm in the seat' and now we are told she changed her mind because SHE thinks it is best for the country. Bullshite! She is bringing the tax in because she needed the Greens to form a minority government and they wanted the carbon tax.

:angry2:

More green stupidity...they want a greener planet...cut the population...job done.

Listening to the news last night...it struck me...All these Politicians,Bankers,and top civil servants.Why are they paid such huge amounts with fancy pensions...they're rubbish.It's them that have got us into this mess,not your local plumber or barmaid...So why do they get huge amounts of money?

You pay extra for a good job,not a load of cock ups.

• Upvote 1

Ever read George Orwell's Animal Farm??? A lot of today's politicians, councillors and upper hierarchy civil servants remind me of the pigs in Animal Farm, snouts in the trough and let the others do the work and/or take the blame.

The writing is on the wall for the Government out here....had a State election in Queensland a few weeks back and the sitting government (same leaning as the Federal government) lost in a massive land slide (read avalanche) and were annihilated! Out of a total of 89 seats, the opposition was put into power with a majority of 78 seats! The previous government finished up with just seven seats and the minority buffoons with 0. The sitting Premier resigned because she was shocked by the backlash of the people. Proves they do not listen doesn't it!!!!!!

I completly agree! they try to make the masses feel guilty but have scant regard for their own globetrotting. personaly I would sooner have a government that stays home and does its job, looking after the UK!, sod being a world power. Roll on next years caribean holiday.

The idiots down here have gone one better mick2me; they are microchipping cattle to measure their burps and farts and therefore calculate how much cattle contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer.

Do you suppose there's money to be made in cow butt plugs.............could make a s**t load of money!

Wasn't the 'Poll tax' a tax on people? I was amazed at how low a government would go to create money, to keep itself in power.

Once in office the attitude of most politicians"If you don't like it---", who can forget Norman 'the bike' Tebbit'.

All that people ask for is fairness, honesty,and the 'truth'.

The alternative is, anarchy and revolution,usually followed by some kind of dictatorial government,backed by the 'military'.

Crimes of violence are increasing at a rate that is becoming hard to combat.

Before we clean up the planet,we have to clean up the greed and corruption of the powerful,oil.drug,and banks.these corporate giants control the planet,and the people.

• Upvote 1

Agree substantially with this. General elections do not reflect what people want - they just provide an opportunity to give the lot who happen to have been in power for too long a good kicking. In other words political parties never win elections - they only lose them. And in any country, any party that claims to have more than about 60% of the vote is, almost by definition, a dictatorship and reached that score through vote rigging.

• Upvote 1